Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

What are some really scary movies?

I'm having 6 of my friends over next week, we're all 17 y/o girls. We decided to have a horror movie marathon (like 4 or 5 movies) then walk through the cemetery across the street at 2am. We were planning to watch "The Descent", but I'm stuck on what else we should watch. "The Thing" was highly recommended but one of my teachers said we may not like it because it's so old and corny.

We haven't really seen a lot of horror/scary movies, so we don't really know what to look for. The scariest movie I've ever seen was "The Hills Have Eyes", and I found that TERRIFYING (I know I'm a wimp, but I was really young and it was the first horror movie I'd seen). "The Shining" and "Silence of the Lambs" were good, I just didn't find them very scary. "Eden Lake" was really good and also pretty scary, as was "The Strangers", but I didn't really like "Paranormal Activity".

I want something that is going to scare them sh!tless. Something that's going to scar them, because they're babbling on about how nothing can scare them and it's annoying me how confident they are. But I also want something that's good quality, not one of those stupid remakes with a bunch of teenagers in them ("Prom Night").

Some movies that we were thinking of watching were: "28 Days Later", "The Orphanage", "The Exorcism", "Jeepers Creepers", "Alien", "Drag Me To Hell". Any suggestions?

• Adam
    Favorite Answer

have seen most new horrors over the last two years-so Il name as many new horrors as I can think of.

Insidious- must see-best new horror film in years.

Stag night.

Case 39

The wolfman

The orphan

Shelter

Season the witch

House of the devil

Devil

The children

Road train

Danika

Let me in

The Unborn

Summer moon

The reef

Frozen

The strangers

Triangle

My soul to take

Burning bright

Deadwood

The antichrist

The hills run red

Priest

Blood the last vampire

Them

Asylum

Trick or treat

Drag me to hell

Last house on the left

Carriers

Deadline

Across the hall

Splice

Monsters

Coffin rock

Crush- 2009 aussie horror film

• Jess H

"The Descent" IS scary, but it's not the type of scary that would make it more freaky for you walking in a cemetery at night. If you want something that will freak you out about going to a cemetery, then you should look more into "ghost" type stories.

"The Thing" is terrifying, and I disagree about it being "corny", though it is an older film. Again, that is not a ghost story.

"Alien" is the same thing. Terrifying, but no ghosts.

"The Exorcist" is popularly considered to be the scariest movie ever made. You can google "scariest movie" and you'll see almost all the pages will have that listed as the scariest movie.

I also thought "The Omen", (the original version, NOT the remake) was really scary.

"The Haunting" (again, original version, not the remake. The remake was horrible.)

"The Orphanage"

"6th Sense"

"Silent Hill"

"The Ring"

"Stir of Echoes"

"What Lies Beneath"

"The Eye"

"The Others"

"The Amityville Horror" (original version, not remake)

"Drag Me To Hell" had it's moments, but I found it to be more amusing than scary. I didn't dislike it, though.

The Uninvited

Chainsaw Massacre

The Collector

Paranormal Activity 1,2

Paranormal Entity

The Hills Have Eyes 1,2

The Wrong Turn 1,2,3

The Last Exorcism

Hauntings In Connecticut

The Mist

30 Days of Night

The Crazies

Legion

Quarantine

Vacancy 1 & 2

Dawn of the Dead 1978 version

Evil Dead

Vanishing on 7th Street

My Soul To Take

Here's a very detailed list of horror movies I would definately reccomend:

Cheesy, yet entertaining:

Friday the 13th

Poltergeist

Halloween

Scream

Physcho

Scary:

The thing (you definately should watch it, whether its old and cheesy or not)

texas chainsaw massacre - because its about a step up from the gore of the hills have eyes

Alien

Creepy:

Silent Hill (one of my favorites, although the ending is sad)

Physch 9

The excorcist

The excorcism of Emily Rose (A really good plot, and creepy as heckk!)

The greatest horror film I think I ever was was The Haunting from 1960's - it doesn't have any real spooks - it just scares you to death with suggestion. It's really fun. Don't get the horrible remake!!!

i admire the suited is the unique one, frightening action picture a million... it is so humorous as hell... however the worst could certainly be frightening action picture 3, the action picture became a million hour 20 minutes yet then I felt so quickly that it truly is merely like 40 minutes of filming...

The original Cape Fear is a good, scary movie.

SHROOMS! best movie everr