since Canada post is on strike, where is my package?

i ordered a curling iron from the US and United States Postal Service came to deliver it. on the delivery report online it says attempted delivery abroad, which means nobody was there to receive it apparently.

i can't go to my local post office to pick it up because they are all closed because of the strike. so i don't know what the heck is going on. where exactly is my package now? where did USPS take it and can i pick it up myself? this is all confusing.

Favorite Answer

Don't worry. Whether your package is still in the US or sitting here in Canada, as soon as the postal strike is over, your curling iron will be forwarded to you.

It's frustrating for everyone, we are all waiting for one thing or another to come in the mail and I personally can't wait until it's settled.

Until then, we just have to be patient and wait. :(

• MM's

@jim. well your answer is incorrect it is also rude. things are very confusing right now with the strike,it seems even canadian postal workers do not know what is going on.

usps obviously tried to ship the mail to canada, but bc everything is shut for the strike it was returned. usps is not going to "hold" the mail until canada decides what to do, so they will return it back to the sender. however, if the package had been coming from a Canadian manufacture i would imagine it to be sitting in a bin somewhere with the rest of the mail.

but its not......

i know it sucks to hear that, but you may be waiting a looooong time for your package

• Jim B

Obviously...An American postal worker didn't come up to your house in Canada, to your door, to try to deliver it. That didn't happen.

What DID happen is that the USPS is HOLDING it, until the strike is OVER, then it will be forwarded to Canada, and eventually it will be delivered to you by Canada Post.

Use some common sense, please.

Jim B

Toronto.

Why don't you contact USPS and ask? You can google them to get an online address.