Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do the decisions of the United Nations affect my life?

Why should I pay attention to what they're doing?

I'm a middle class Canadian woman.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Canada and the United States are both member nations in the United Nations, which acts as arbitrator between all nations when there are conflicts or disputes. Each member nation gets to vote on how world problems will be addressed and whether the UN (and its members) will be involved in problem resolution efforts. Each member can abstain, or they can vote (as occurred for the "No-Fly Zone" Resolution that was passed to prevent Libya's current dictator Moammar Khaddafy (Qadafi) from following through on his public threat to kill the demonstrators requesting more say in their government. One might be able to draw the conclusion that your country's representation in the UN keeps the Canadian citizens safer in the long run by eliminating problems before they get out of hand on a global scale. In unity there is strength, after all.

• 10 years ago

OK you are still alive and have not been nuked, so as long as you know they are there for you, relax and enjoy your life. http://www.un.org/ Have a look at the UN website to get a better idea about them, it your world.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Oh well your ******. Your canadian, a women, and middle aged.

Source(s): I'm a man. Fuck yeah.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

well, their decisions affect world affairs. If you live in a country (lol) it affects it, and by extension you

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

The UN has to be torn apart! ASAP

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

This is exactly how it effects you, watch and pass on please.

http://youtu.be/qwbSqE72yC0

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.