Is it difficult to play a ukulele?
I was thinking of getting one but is it difficult to play? is it easier then the guitar ? x
- daveLv 510 years ago
Playing the ukulele is a lot like playing the guitar. It's hard at first, but it gets easier with practice. Here are some tips for you:
* Make sure that as much of the ukulele as possible is not pressed and damped against your arms and chest.
* Pick up the sweet spot of your ukulele.
* You can use electronic tuners for tuning.
* Sit up straight.
* Vary your strokes.
* Try to feel what are your tuning.
* Record your playing and listen to it.
* Practice, practice and practice.
- AnoLv 410 years ago
I have played a child sized classical guitar, pretty much the same as a ukelele. Yes. its size made it difficult to place ur fingers correctly.
- Anonymous10 years ago
no its not that hard, only 4 strings instead of the 6 on a guitar....theyre cheap fun instruments, so even if you dont really like it you wont have wasted much money. I say go for it
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 10 years ago
yeah dude i was drunk once and played it well (people in the restaurant i was at told me) but i tried sober and it wasnt easy. so i say you play it drunkSource(s): fun times