To the females: do girls ever truly get over a guy 100%?

my sister was tryna tell me she is not over any guy she ever been with 100%. That if she ever sees an ex a lil bit of emotion always surfaces.

as a guy, it ain like that....

jus curious if this is all women..

one love

Favorite Answer

personally, I know I am not ever truly over an ex. Whether I ended it or they did it, there is always something there. Just because there's something there doesn't mean I want to have anything to do with them or want to get back with them..but there will always be a connection there.

It's possible for a girl to be 100% over a guy but still remember how he used to make her feel, or important memories together (like a first kiss, or bad fight, etc). If she's in love with someone else, that reduces the opportunity for old emotions to surface by a lot. There are always the little crushes a girl gets on someone she doesn't know at all, and she has no idea why she likes him. If that's where it stops, and it doesn't last a long time, there is basically a guaranteed 100% recovery, but if it goes anywhere farther, there's a good chance he'll change her forever somehow, or she'll always think of him just a little different than the other guys.

But don't forget the relationships that are bad from beginning to end; they can damage a girl's confidence, happiness, and trust, sometimes forever, and other times until they're completely content with who they are and where they stand. Bad relationships can really hurt a girl inside, and she should never be judged if she never gets over him 100%

Source(s): Personal Experience, friends's experiences

Nope. We never fully get over guys 100%. My first love? Still a little jealous surfaces when I see him with any of his new gf's. And we haven't dated for four years. So yeah....we NEVER fully get over guys. We're just too emotionally attached. But, that doesn't mean we can't fall in love again 100%....it's confusing I know...

Source(s): experience

It depends on how you broke up. If he was a jackass, then you can be over him 200 % but if you guys broke up, say because of circumstances weren't favorable and you still had feelings , then yes most likely. But for girls, once another guy kicks in, you're out haha. Girls can adapt to her new life pretty quickly. Ex's will just be in her memories.

I think I have gotten over one person before 100%. But others I always see a little bit in them even if I don't think about them for years.

Lol, im 100 over all the guys I've dated.

No offense to your sister, but I feel like shes the odd one out in this situation.

Well, it depends. Sometimes girls who get emotionally attached to a guy can't ever get over a guy 100% because like I said, thier attached. However, for most girls, once they find someone new, they can get over the other one quick.

Source(s): Life(:
  • Simone

Depends on if I loved him

If i did, then no never. Maybe 88% over him.

If we were just dating and I really like him, then probably 94%. But I always play the " What If " 's in my head -___- their a pain.

I'm over all but one. And that was just until recently. We do get over guys. Just harder for some people.

100%??? Haha, no, girls are left with emotional scars from every guy that breaks their heart, so is any normal emotional person.