Is Computer Science Engineering difficult ?

I am thinking of studying computer science engineering from " Institute of Engineering and Management " , Kolkata ... So , is computer science engineering difficult to understand ? ... What are the main things i have to learn ?

Best Answer

Very. I hope you're good at math. Not because computer science uses all that much math, but because the type of people who are good at math usually also excel at computer science. Those who are not good at math seldom do well in computer science.

Programming languages (especially c++ and Java), data structures, computer architecture, theory of computation and formal languages, operating systems, distributed systems, computer modeling, computer hardware and electronic design, robotics, computer graphics, computer networks, computer security, compiler construction, and artificial intelligence are among the many subjects you will study.

http://iem.edu.in/

Sounds like a good school.

Hi...I think i can answer your question since am a M.S(Software Engineering) final year student.. Actually the computer science isn't too tough. In University they used to go somewhat deep in the begining itself unlike schools. So you should concentrate the subject C,C++ in previous or should take somemore concentration at the begining Since it is the building block of all the programming concepts..I can tell you that no other things is easier than computer science.. You have to work mentally rather than physically while being in job..

Thatsit...You can rock for all over your college life..All d best...

Depends on what you are good at. If you can't stand math then you will be in a lot of trouble....but other than that probably not. remember that everything will not always be easy....so don't just look for the easy way out all of the time