What should I read next?

I love teen romance novels. Recently I read Vampire Academy (again), even though the books were one of the best vampire series ever I dont want to read anything about vampires.

These are some the kind of books i Really liked:

anything by Sarah dessen:)

Perfect chemistry series

the hunger games

anything by nicholas sparks

Harry Potter ( even though its not that romantic)

Shopaholic series

Hush Hush

The Host

Twilght series

Shiver

Beastly

How To ruin series

I really like books in which the characters have a similiar relationship to what Rose and Dimitri had in Vampire Academy...

Favorite Answer

I've read almost all of the books/ authors you've listed, and have loads of recommendations, so brace yourself for a long post :).

Simone Elkeles also has another series called the Leaving Paradise series. The books in it are Leaving Paradise and Return to Paradise. It's about two teens, Maggie and Caleb, and their surprising romance after a horrible accident.

Forget You by Jennifer Echos is about a girl who after a car accident can't remember what happened before in her love life.

Lost It by Kristen Tracy is about a girl and what happens after her relationship goes too fast. Tess struggles to deal with a devastating divorce and the affect it has, a lack of parenting, and a boy at school...;).

"Seventeenth Summer" by Maureen Daly is a novel about a shy girl named Angie who has never dated. Right after she graduates from high school, a popular boy named Jack asks her out, and they see each other all summer until she has to leave for college.

The Summer I Turned Pretty Series by Jenny Han is a great, romantic beach read. Jenny has a unique writing style, and i totally fell in love with The Fisher boys.

Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt is a great read that is definitely worth reading. It's about two teens on a car trip to their college orientation, and a few secrets. There is romance, suspense, and lots of surprise.

When it Happens by Susane Colasanti is also an amazing read. It follows Sara, a high school student as she tries to capture the attention of all star athlete Dave, and Toby, as he tries to capture Sara's affection. GREAT READ!!!!

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen is a romance with an unlikely hero, a heroine with a tragic secret, and a depression era circus. The writing is beautiful, and the plot is unique. However, this book is definitely intended for older teens, so if you aren't mature enough to handle some more graphic stuff, then I wouldn't recommend it.

Now for some more paranorma/ dystopian romances:

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer is about Calla, a half wolf half human guardian, who's purpose in life is to protect the Keepers. Her whole life has been planned out for her, including her mating to the gorgeous and confident Ren. When Calla goes against the keepers to save Shay, a human boy in the woods, not only is she forced to question everything she's ever known, but to figure out Shay's place in her world, as well as make a devastating decision.

Need by Carrie Jones is about Zara, and the secret, dangerous world she's dragged into after the death of her father. The story is intense and fast paced, and I highly recommend it. It has three books in it so far: Need, Captivate, and Entice.

The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare is about demons, and their hunters. Clary, a regular teen, is thrust into a strange new world when she witnesses a murder committed by three teens, covered in strange markings.

Delirium by Lauren Oliver is about a society in which love is a disease. Society has been reconstructed around this idea, and a vaccination has been developed. Right before Lena gets her vaccination, she falls in love.

Matched by Ally Condie is about a futuristic society where everyone is matched. When one girl gets a look at her test results, it changes everything.

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan takes place in an zombie overrun world. It is a post apocalyptic romance, written elegantly from first to last line. It is amazing, and thought provoking.

Divergent by Veronica Roth takes place in the future, in which everyone is sorted into a society (Candor: The Honest, Abnegation: The Selfless, Dauntless: The Brave, Erudite: The Intelligent, and Amity: The Peaceful.) The book follows 16 year old Beatrice as she deals not only with choosing a faction, but surviving initiation. This book is really thought provoking. It's also a bit like the Hunger Games series.

The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith is a super scary, but amazingly romantic paranormal romance. In it, Jenny is plunged into a different world, where Julian rules as the Shadow Prince. Throughout the book, she struggles to keep her relationship with Tom, while Julian tries to seduce her at every turn. Meanwhile, if she and her friends can't face their fears in time, they may never return to Earth.

Graceling by Kristin Cashore is about a girl, Katsa, who is Graced with killing. She is a Graceling, someone with extreme skill. Because she is Graced, she is forced to work as the king's thug. Then she meets Prince Po, Graced with Hand Combat. She becomes his friend and discovers not only a horrible secret far away, but a startling truth about her own Grace.

Source(s): These are all AMAZING romances. Nightshade, Need, Mortal Instruments, and The Forbidden Game are all paranormal romances. Divergent, Matched, Delirium, The Forest of Hands and Teeth and kind of Graceling and Nightshade are dystopian romances, although Graceling is also a fantasy. The rest of the books I listed are realistic fiction (except for Water for Elephants which is historical fiction.) Happy Reading :)

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (I read a little of the Vampire Academy series, and I think the main character and the love interest have a similar relationship, if I recall correctly). It's a great paranormal romance book, where the romance isn't too overdone but still there. I would recommend this the most.

The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. Love/magic.

The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare.

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard. You didn't list those books, so I'm assuming you haven't read them :)

Evermore by Alyson Noel. Supernatural romance. A girl can see her dead sister and falls in love with a strange boy.

Fallen by Lauren Kate. It's about a girl falling in love with a boy who is so familiar, and also an angel.

The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith. Great books, and the TV show oozes with romance.

The House of Night Series by P.C. and Kristin Cast. I don't care a whole lot for this series, but it does have romance and vampires.

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. A very good book. It's thick, so you'll be reading this for a while, but the main character is male, kind of like Beastly. I like how the human in this book is male and the supernatural love interest is female. Set in the South.

The Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz. A lot of people like this book. I haven't read it yet, but it's coming up on my reading list.

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. If you like fairies and romance, it's right up your alley. It's a little darker than other books, but I thought it was pretty good.

Wings by Aprillynne Pike. It's about a teen finding out she is a fairy and dealing with the repercussions. It's a really well-written novel and very underrated.

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. It's about fallen angels.

The summaries I supplied suck, I know. Sorry, I couldn't really think of a good way to summarize all these book. That's all I could think of, but they're all romance and YA.

Hope this helped!

I don't really know if you are into the old stuff at all, but the classics have some amazing romance stories. For example:

Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen

Jane Eyre- Charlotte Bronte

Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte (romantic in a different sort of way)

and if the classics just really aren't your thing than you should check out the Uglies Series (Not really my thing, but you might enjoy them).

I hope I helped :)

Source(s): I read all of the books that I listed. P.S. I definitley recommend the classic books over the Uglies

Now I've never read any of those except the twilight series but the maximum ride serious is realy good it's an adventure kinda novel bout being outsiders and a family wether your actually related or not and there's a fair bit of romance in it.

• Matched (#1) and Crossed (#2) [<-COMING SOON, NOVEMBER 1, 2011] by Ally Condie

Beautiful Creatures (#1), Beautiful Darkness (#2), Beautiful Chaos (#3) [<-COMING SOON, OCTOBER 18, 2011] by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

In The Forests of The Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Token of Darkness by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Paranormalcy (#1) and Supernaturally (#2) [<-COMING SOON, JULY 26, 2011] by Kiersten White

Intertwined (#1), Unraveled (#2), Twisted (#3) [<-COMING SOON, AUGUST 30, 2011] by Gena Showalter

Clockwork Angel (#1), Clockwork Prince (#2) [<-COMING SOON, DECEMBER 6, 2011] (Prequel series to Mortal Instruments) by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones (#1), City of Ashes (#2), City of Glass (#3), City of Fallen Angels (#4), and City of Lost Souls [<-COMING SOON, MAY 2012] (The Mortal Instruments series) by Cassandra Clare

The Angel Experiment (#1), School’s Out Forever (#2), Saving The World and Other Extreme Sports (#3), The Final Warning (#4), MAX (#5), FANG (#6), ANGEL (#7), BOOK 8 (No title yet, COMING SOON, February 2012) [Maximum Ride series by James Patterson]

GONE (#1), HUNGER (#2), LIES (#3), PLAGUE (#4), FEAR (#5) (<-COMING SOON, APRIL 3, 2012) [GONE series] by Michael Grant

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

13 Days To Midnight by Patrick Carman

Willow by Julia Hoban

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Nightshade (#1) and Wolfsbane (#2) [<-COMING SOON, JULY 26, 2011!] by Andrea Cremer

• Julia

I've read everything you've listed..weird haha.

Um, I'd suggest the-the name of the series slips my mind- but it's 3 books: A great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angles, and The Sweet Far Thing. It's not so much romance, maybe a hint, but they are amazzzzing.

if you are a older than 18, you could read Succubus Dreams--it is very similar to Rose and Dimitri scenario except if Rose was much older and had much more experience. It was written by Richelle Mead also, so you would be familiar with writing.

If you are younger than 18, you could read twilight. It is more innocent and the main character Bella is less strong willed and passionate than Rose but like Rose she is in love with two guys and would sacrifice everything for her loved ones

Source(s): read the books, love them