Vegans, would you cook me a steak if I was a dinner guest?

If you were a guest in my home I would accommodate your lifestyle choice. Why shouldn't you do the same with me?

lolol @ hypocrisy of the answers

lolol @ hypocrisy of the answers

Best Answer

It's very unlikely that you would score an invitation to my place (like one chance in 5 billion, maybe), but in that unlikely event, you would have to have whatever is on the menu. It's extremely unlikely to be a steak - I can tell you that much now. If it's going to be animal flesh at all, it will probably be cooked by my fiancée rather than by myself, and it is more likely to be chicken or fish or prawns in either a curry or a stir-fry. Most of the dishes, however, will be vegan, perhaps cooked by yours truly. If you can live with that, sure, come on over. But please leave your prejudices at the door, alongside your shoes.

Source(s): Vegan!

No and I'll tell you why. First of all, cooking steak would be against my values and you can eat many other things besides steak. If you were cooking for a vegan person, your values are not compromised by cooking something vegan and you al ready would know that meat is not an option. There is no hypocrisy here.

Would you expect a muslim to make you pork chops or a Kosher Jew make you a cheeseburger? No. This is the same thing.

Why on earth would I do that? The only meat I have in my home is dog food. My dogs would probably share some with you if you sniffed their bottoms politely.

You are most welcome to come to my home for a meal. Sure, you'd have to go without eating meat for a couple of hours (shock! horror!) but in exchange you would receive a fresh, wholesome, tasty, possibly exotic, misery free meal that will not contribute to heart disease, high cholesterol, cancer and bowel problems.

Edit: Ah yes, now I remember you. What exactly is your problem? Dumped by a sexy vegan girl? Cuckolded by a vegie tart? Or do you just believe that "real" men eat meat?

• ?

I couldn't. I haven't touched any meat since the day I became a vegetarian. It makes me physically ill.

My partner on the other hand, eats meat. I have no problem with that. Being a vegetarian is my choice, and my choice alone.

If she wanted to cook something for you, by all means, do it, I don't mind.

I never ask for someone to go out of their way to make me a vegetarian meal. I take my own veggie burgers to cookouts etc.

I am 100% legitimate vegan, and I obviously never buy any animal product whatsoever, however, I have much more respect for legitimate hunters (experienced and cause animal little pain, and ONLY eat meat from animals that they kill themselves) than I do for the people who buy supermarket meat that comes from slaughter houses where the animals get tortured.

A bullet hurts a hell of a lot less than months of malnutrition and confinement and then being tortured before butchered.

TO ANSWER QUESTION:

If you only eat meat from animals that you kill yourself, and the steak you bring over came from an animal that you properly/respectfully killed yourself, then yes I would cook it for you but obviously not eat it myself.

• Suzy Q

No, I wouldn't. Just like a muslim would not cook you pork if your were a dinner guest and you wouldn't cook a cannibal dinner guest a nice leg of human.

If you are a dinner guest at my house, you would eat very well. It would not include meat.

No, and I'm a vegetarian. Unless you happened to be a dinner guest at my boyfriend's house while I was there, he is an omnivore and probably would have meat in the fridge but I wouldn't go out and buy a steak for you.

Edit: Because it comprises my deeply held moral beliefs to cook a dead body for you. If cooking vegetarian meals compromises your moral beliefs, I wouldn't force you to cook for me either, I'd bring my own food.

Source(s): Vegetarian
  • evelyn

definitely no longer. i do no longer purchase products of lifeless animal. era. even though if, if there is something the dinner concentrated visitor for even though reason does no longer decide to consume, i'm better than happy to deal with. does not rely no rely if that's something they're prohibited from eating simply by fact of religion, or something they're allergic to, something they do no longer consume for ethical reasons or something they do exactly unlike. that's being a gracious host. annoying a particular form of foodstuff to be served (case in point meat) is being a foul concentrated visitor. after all, no person might dream of annoying to be served beef by utilising muslims, or to be served Brussels sprouts by utilising somebody who gags on the very scent of them. So why might it is okay to call for to be served meat by utilising vegetarians?

The whole idea of being a vegan is to not exploit animals, or fund their exploitation in any way. Cooking meat for you goes against everything that we believe in! No real vegan would do that for you! In fact, no real vegan would even allow a meat eater into their home in the first place!

It wouldn't kill you to make rice and vegetables for a vegetarian because you can eat those too. If a vegetarian cooked you things without meat you could eat them. They would be accommodating you by serving you food you could eat. You don't NEED to eat carcasses at EVERY meal.