What are some good spas, restaurants and other things to check out while in Chicago?

Favorite Answer

Wow, you can get a really long list!

Let’s start with good restaurants. You have lots of options. I recommend you to have a taste of local flavors at Lincoln Park or Noble Square. The Alinea at 1723 N Halsted St and the Charlie Trotter’s at 816 W Armitage Ave would be great. You can also visit Original Gino's located on the eastern side of Chicago.

** Alinea - (312) 867-0110, www.alinearestaurant.com

**Charlie Trotter’s - (773) 248-6228 www.charlietrotters.com

Chinatown is the best place for Chinese food and the Little Italy is great for Italian food. As for restaurants, I recommend Lee Wing Wah, Moon Palace Restaurant and Golden Bull Restaurants for Chinese food; and Francesca’s on Taylor, Conte di Savoia, Rosal’s and Tuscany for Italian food.

Best spas in Chicago area:

** Red Door Salon & Spa at 919 N Michigan Avenue. it would be great for you to have a rest after exploring the Michigan Avenue. Phone number - 312-988-9191

** The Spa at the Carlton Club – it’s in four seasons hotel, 160 E. Pearson St. at Water Tower Pl.

** Urban Oasis - 939 W. North Ave, you can make a reservation at 312-640-0001

Personally, I think you can try to stay at a hotel with onsite spa. That is very convenient and sometimes you can enjoy deep discounts or get special offers.

Check this for more choices:

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=best+spa&find...

Things to check out:

Chicago has lots of great attractions. If you like, you can pay a visit to the Lincoln Park Zoo (it’s really popular), Magnificent Mile (wonderful place for shopping, you can’t miss it!), Sears Tower, Navy Pier (lots of fun things for you to do), Tribune Tower, etc.

I cannot list all these options for you. And if you fail to pick out a great option from what I recommend, I think you can check this page. Jesus, it offers very useful info about restaurants, area attractions and more about Chicago. I found it months ago and used it for many times. It may help you a lot. (at least it works for you)

http://www.chicago-hotels-il.com/city-visitors-gui...

good luck and have fun!