Can dogs possibly be gay?

Because I really want to get two gay dogs and name them Sirius and Lupin. If dogs can't be gay, whatever, I'll just get two brothers or whatever, two random male dogs, but I was just wondering if dogs can in fact be gay.

Is no one a Harry Potter fan? Does no one see the brilliance of this idea? Sirius is a dog, Remus was blond so I would get a golden retriever, and they could be gay lovers just like Sirius and Lupin. C'mon, guys, use your head.

On an unrelated note, what do you think of the names? Good choices? Lupin or Remus?

Favorite Answer

I feel like determining the sexual orientation of an animal that will hump 9 out of 10 inanimate objects in a given room is not real high on the priority list ifor most pet shops.

Dogs cannot be Gay dogs and other animals do have sex due to reproduction purposes two male dogs cannot reproduce so therefore dogs cannot be Gay. Humans do it for sexual purposes.

People tend to think that because they see a male dog hump another male dog that it means they are gay..not so..they do this to establish dominance...dogs are naturally pack animals..it's their way of saying " I'm the Alpha"

No they cannot.

Sexual behaviour in dogs is not for pleasure (like it is in humans), but for strictly reproduction purposes.

2 male dogs cannot reproduce, and therefore there is no need to mate with another male dog. Dogs cannot be gay.

The purpose of your question is seriously disturbing."Gay" qualities have been found in captive animals, but not in dogs. So no. They cannot.

I'm not sure.. i'll have to talk to scooby and hit you back up on that question..

good question... :o