Help! Our washer and Dryer closet is too small!?
We just purchased a new house and once we got the washer and dryer in there, the closet isn't quite deep enough! It needs to be at least another 2-3 inches deeper. What can we do short of a small demo project! I just need an organizational idea...we are thinking of taking the doors off, but its on the main floor and I just don't want it to be visible all the time!
- Anonymous9 years agoFavorite Answer
You have several options:
1. If the washer/dryer are newly bought you could exchange them for another set that will fit.
2. If the washer/dryer are old you could see this as an opportunity to purchase a new set. Lol :-)
3. You can extend the door frame out, given that there is enough hallway to do this. This is not an easy project but it is one you could see as an option. Doing the opposite isn't an option as you would hve to push back the pipes and that is just a mess.
4. Hang a curtain rod not on the inside, that will only outline the washer and dryer sticking out. Treat it like a window, hang a nice decorative rod and a set of curtains that match your decor on the outside of the door frame.
5. Make it work! Treat the closet as an accessory to the room, paint the interior a complementing color to the rest of the area, hang a shelf above the washer and dryer (if there isn't one there already), on top use bright and color coordinating storage bins to put your detergent and laundry items in. I believe in decorating the laundry area anyway, so you can do this and put a curtain over it when you're entertaining.
Hope this helped..
- 9 years ago
I would consider taking the doors off. You can always do a curtain rod on the outside of the frame as well. This will make it so your curtain doesn't come out with the shape of your washer/dryer. If you get something simple like a solid color or a refined pattern, it will add to the feel of the room rather than take it away.
- byrdLv 44 years ago
suited venting would be a necessary merchandise, of course. to shrink setting up expenditures, look on the LaundryPure gadget offered by using EcoQuest. that's a chilly-water-merely gadget that doesn't require warm water utilization...additionally no bleach or softeners. in case you may ensure which you're venting the warmth out of your dryer and function a expert set up the two the washer and the dryer, i think of you would be in solid shape.