Are there any food banks in Japan where I can eat from?

I am moving to Japan this August. I have to pay the rate of a full month's rent in the apartment where I will be living between August 20 and 31. I even have to pay my own airfare 100%, no reimbursements, and definately no settlement allowance nor advance. I will not get my first paycheck until Oct.10 and the money I have or will have remaining will not be able to cover the high costs of expenses I will have to pay, such as food and utilities and even the rent for September. Plus I am reluctant to use my credit card which has a $1200 legitamate debt. I even got student loan debts to pay like I have been paying since the past 5 years. (I hope I can elapse my student loan debt repayments). It will be difficult before I get my first paycheck in Japan because I will very likely have to starve. I am arriving on there on August 20 but my contract starts on August 31. Are there any food banks in Sano City or anywhere nearby in Japan where I could eat food before I get paid on October 10? How will I deal with fighting my starvation?

Favorite Answer

Look, this is hard but not impossible. I used to live on $800 a month (or the equivalent in yen) which included $300 rent (+utilities). This means that I spent $500 a month on food, necessities, and transportation. Remember there are 100 yen shops. Go to one and get only the very base essentials. You can also eat cheaply if you never go out to restaurants, buy things that are on sale, and eat only essentials (rice, vegis, meat; no deserts or soda). In all honesty, if I was careful, I had money left over.

So my advice: Just take what cash you have and use your credit card. You will have enough to get by if you don't go out and buy a ton of stuff right away. Use your cash to pay for the two months rent upfront, so you are not tempted to spend it. Then budget out what you have left. When you start getting paid again, you will be able to pay off the credit card easily.

P.S. I would call and ask them to raise your credit limit. Usually they will do it and it would be good for you to have a cushion. Also, remember that you could open a credit card when you get to Japan too.

P.P.S. To answer your original question, this food bank services the Sano Area but the food goes out to organizations (in this case retirement homes) not to individuals.

http://www.sansyoukai.or.jp/foodbank.html

I'm making good profit with penny stock

Check here http://trade-pennystock.checkhere.info

Many new investors are lured to the appeal of a penny stock due to the low price and potential for rapid growth which may be as high as several hundred percent in a few days. Similarly, severe loss can occur and many penny stocks lose all of their value in the long term. Accordingly, the SEC warns that penny stocks are high risk investments and new investors should be aware of the risks involved but you can even make very big money. These risks include limited liquidity, lack of financial reporting, and fraud. A penny stock is a common stock that trades for less than $5 a share. While penny stocks generally are quoted over-the-counter, such as on the OTC Bulletin Board or in the Pink Sheets, they may also trade on securities exchanges, including foreign securities exchanges. In addition, penny stocks include the securities of certain private companies with no active trading market. Although a penny stock is said to be "thinly traded," share volumes traded daily can be in the hundreds of millions for a sub-penny stock. Legitimate information on penny stock companies can be difficult to find and a stock can be easily manipulated.

Not to sound offensive

You went to another country with no expenses whatsoever

Why did you move knowing you have debt and can not afford to eat ?

Not a bright move

I hate to say it

Stock up with some instant noodles and wait till October 10

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aqh3l...

On a side note, I find it ironic since your so selfish and bigoted that you are asking people you find intolerant to for help

I cant help lots with the foreign places funds part from US to Yen and airline value ticket expenditures because of the fact I stay in Australia yet i provides you some helpful innovations. I even have been to Japan two times with my faculties, each for 2 weeks and the two cases in late September-early October. That era is Japans Autumn (Fall) yet at that element around the Tokyo section, it remains somewhat heat (30 tiers C) as they are merely coming off summer season. it somewhat is realy your determination once you desire to flow to as there is something to verify each season in Japan, climate its in Okinawa (very south) each of how as much as Sapporo and previous. With expenses, Japan is the costliest u . s . a . in the international, Tokyo been the costliest city in the international. Over the two week era i became there, the two cases I took 30,000 Yen and that i became wonderful yet...instructors paid for somethings and inns have been blanketed in my value ticket. in case you may, e book inns before you flow to Japan. It realy relies upon on the place you're going realy, in case you desire greater information, touch me through my profile and that i provides you you some greater innovations and greater particular....and supply us a the place abouts on the place your making plans to flow interior of Japan.

Your plan looks so unrealistic.

Anyway, there is nothing like food bank in Japan.

Welcome to the world