I'm going to fort bennning georgia for basic training?

I was curious if they allowed cells. And other electronics. I'm going for 11X for basic I'm not sure about my for sure placement. I'd like to be able to update my wife on everything that's going on. But I won't complain if I can't take anything.

Favorite Answer

We were told my son could not take his, but many of recruits took theirs. But the drill sargent will keep them and when you earn phone privileges you will get to have it for short periods of time. You can also take a phone card or buy one at the px when you get there also to use at the payphones. Phone calls at first will be few and far between. But they encourage letter writing. You also will be able to write letters home and once you get the address of your barrack and company number, your wife can write you back. No care packages while at BCT either, unless it is paper, envelopes, pens, stamps and phone cards. Here is a list of things you need to take http://www.armybasic.org/portal/modules.php?name=C...

My husband just got done osut in Feb. You can bring your cell phone with you, they will take it and give it back when they allow you to use it. Each company is different with usage. You def will not be allowed to have it during red phase, thats a given. Then its up to the ds's after that. My husbands company was super strict and they only made 4 calls during the 16 weeks he was there. Good luck!

• Ross

Get a list of what you can bring. If you bring the items mentioned above they will take them from you, hold them. You will get them back but not during basic. Not sure about AIT these days but I wouldn't bet on it.

Your Recruiter should have a list of what to bring.

my boyfriend just left to go there on tuesday he got to use his cell to call home and tell him he was there and safe, he got to call me to cause he parents didnt answer but i think he snuck that idk. and he had to put it up so no more cell phone. you guys get to write letters though. my boyfriends in infantry... and i wish you luck when you go!