Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Do you find it unfair that civil servant jobs have a higher starting wage than private sector jobs?

I looked at two Administrative Assistant jobs that are completely identical and the one working for the civil service starts at $24 per hour for 40 hours a week and the private sector job starts at $14 per hour. Both jobs have the same educational and experiential requirements. Both jobs share the same duties and tasks.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Yes. Government, civil service jobs, were never meant to compete with private sector jobs. Not only is the salary inflated but so are the benefits. It is costing taxpayers great sums of money. All forms of government need to roll back pay and benefits. They also need to restructure public unions. They are way too cozy with politicians.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    No. Private sector job rates should go up.

    Anyone working for anyone else who gets pissed off at civil servant jobs is being played by the Koch brothers and the rich. They're taking 90% of the pie and tricking you into hating the other people who need part of the 10% that's left. You're a bunch of suckers being played.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.