Can I fly in between Canadian cities with just my health card and SIN card?

So basically, my passport is expiring this month, but Im flying tomorrow, between two canadian cities, so not international. I also need my passport next month to fly internationally, so I need to renew it immediately, and that requires sending in my birth certificate and old passport. The only pieces of ID I have left are my health card and SIN card. The Air Canada website says that "Flights within Canada

At the boarding gate, a passenger must present:

Two (2) pieces of government issued non-photo identification with matching names as long as at least one piece also includes the date of birth and gender;"

my health card has my gender and date of birth, and my sin card has my name. So...can I do it? Thank you!

• Gerd P
    Favorite Answer

Info of Air Canada:

In accordance with government regulations, Air Canada is required to check identification at the boarding gate for all passengers who appear to be 18 years of age or older. The name on the ID must match the name used on the reservation or ticket. The passenger must present:

Two (2) pieces of government issued non-photo identification with matching names as long as at least one piece also includes the date of birth and gender; or

One (1) piece of government issued identification with photo showing the name, date of birth and gender.

Valid government-issued identification documents including name, date of birth and gender may be required when checking in for the flight. For examples and other important information, visit the Passenger Protect website.

I quote Passenger Protect Identification Requirements website:

Before boarding, all passengers planning to travel on domestic flights within Canada who appear to be 18 years of age or older, are to be asked to present:

1.One piece of valid government-issued identification that includes a photograph and the passenger's name, date of birth and gender;

or

2.Two pieces of valid government-issued ID without photographs showing the passenger's name, date of birth and gender;

or

3.A Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) (a smart card issued to airport workers).

The following are some examples of valid government-issued identification documents that may be used to meet the requirements of the Identity Screening Regulations:

• passport

• citizenship card

• permanent-resident card

• driver's licence

• provincial health card

• provincial or territorial government identification cards (GICs)

• birth certificate

• Record of Landing Form/Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292)

• immigration documents issued to foreign nationals (e.g., Work Permit, Study Permit, Visitor Record, Temporary Resident Permit, Refugee Approved Status)

• Canadian military identification

• federal police identification

• federal, provincial or municipal government employee identification cards

• Old Age Security (OAS) identification card

• Certificate of Indian Status (Status card) issued by Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC)

• Canada Border Services Agency NEXUS card

• firearms license

http://www.passengerprotect.gc.ca/identity-require... ..

• JJ

I don't think the SIN card counts as ID. You can certainly use the health card, but the other one should be something like a driver's license.