Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Xtians: can you prove that Astarte doesn't exist?

Since many Xtians here maintain that if a god (particular their God) doesn't exist, then atheists should be able to prove it. So here's your chance to show us how it's done. Make me proud of you!

Thanks in advance.

Miss Dementia: Actually, NCWJ DOES know, because several people have explained it to him numerous time, which makes his constant repetition of the "I don't know" mantra a deliberate and obvious lie--something I thought Xtians were not supposed to do.

• Demi
    Best Answer

Poor NCWJ doesn't even know the Christian-created abbreviations for his own faith!

Of course they cannot prove Astarte doesn't exist because she is every bit as valid as their deity. She's been about much longer than their lore has been about, it's just she's foreign to their culture, rather like YHWH is foreign to mine. That doesn't mean she doesn't exist, it just means they don't understand or like her. Most people don't understand or like things completely foreign to their own culture, especially if the values the "new" or foreign thing espouses directly contradicts the values of the culture and faith systems already in place. (Ex - Heathenism is fairly "one gender" where each is judged on their abilities and women and men are truly equal with no strict gender roles, the Abrahamic faith systems have strict gender roles with men being the head of the household and woman delegated to "helper" or "breeder" status, usually both)

Source(s): Nordic Heathen

Thanks in advance.

Actually Astarte was mentioned in the Old Testament. So what are you trying to prove? or to make them prove? They will only say she was a demoness because they reject that she was worshiped by the Jews long before they began worshiping God himself.

If u had killed God 5 minutes in the past, the completed cosmos could be disintegrating & falling aside all like now. the very fact that it particularly is not occurring proves that u have not killed God.

Ahh the delight of logic!

You made my day :)

Source(s): Atheist

sure she is a myth not real

a made up story

I have no clue what an xtain is. Put I am pretty sure, Tide with bleach can get it out