Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 8 years ago

Is it possible to drive from Oklahoma to Toronto ontario?

If it is possible how long of a drive would that be?

• SteveN
    Favorite Answer

It's possible to do just about anything, except perhaps skiing through a revolving door.

Oklahoma is about twenty hours from Toronto, so it would be a hell of a long drive. But I know people that drive each year from Montreal to Florida to spend winter down south, and that's a longer drive.

If you have someone to keep you company and drive part of the way, you could do Oklahoma to Ontario in two days, with a stopover in a motel or hotel somewhere around the halfway mark, like Chicago (IL) or Indianapolis (IN), depending on the route you take.

The big question is this: If you are going on vacation, do you really want to waste two days driving there and two days driving back just to save a few bucks on a flight? If I spend more than 20% of my time GETTING to my vacation, then that is time not spent ENJOYING my vacation, and therefore it is time wasted.

The only time I would drive is in two cases:

1) There are enough people travelling in the same car that it would save hundreds of dollars versus flying, and as long as the vacation was long enough to justify the extra travel time.

2) The drive was actually part of the vacation. For example, driving through the New England area in autumn would be enjoyable, not a chore.

• Growl

There are roads, of course it is possible to drive. Yahoo maps shows about 18 hours from Tulsa to Toronto.

• Will

Yes, you can drive to Toronto. And according to the 'get directions' option of Google maps, it should take just over 21 hours.

• artega

in line with counsel from Mapquest it quite is approximately 10 hours swifter to force in the process the U. S. (40 two hours 28 minutes/4380 KM) as against employing with the aid of Canada (fifty two hours 21 minutes/4394KM). even nevertheless the mileage is on the subject of the comparable, interior the U. S. you would be employing commonly with the aid of way of Interstate Highways that are 4 lane vs a large form of two lane employing in case you force in simple terms with the aid of Canada. in my view (i'm Canadian) i might flow in the process the U. S. as you will save time and funds (gasoline is extra on your budget interior the U. S. regardless of the small replace fee). Have a secure force, whichever way you settle directly to flow.

See map below. and, remember, you will need passports.