MRex
MRex asked in SportsHockey · 9 years ago

nhl hockey poll ??????

whos better out of these , all of them r in their prime

mario lemiuex or jariomar jagr

sidney crosby or pavel datsyuk

ovechkin or fedorov

sakic or yzerman

ray bourque or paul coffey or nicklas lidstrom or scott neidemeyer

alex mogilny or ilya kovalchuk or pavel bure

Favorite Answer

I actually love this question.

1) Mario was possibly the greatest player of all time, but Jagr had this mysterious skill that I see in a player like Evgeni Malkin. But overall, I would pick Mario.

2) Crosby is undoubtedly the best player in the NHL right now, no matter how much he "flops", which in my opinion, he has grown out of. Datsyuk, I feel is good, but he is losing it with age. I take Crosby.

3) Ovechkin. No question about it. He posseses that talent that Jagr had. My only flaw with ovi is something that I see in every single Russian player in the NHL, he thinks he is better than everyone else. Now that's not always a bad thing, but i feel like he isn't the best choice for team captain out of the players on the Caps.

4) Sakic. Ehh, actually. I don't know this ones a toughie. I think this ones about even, but as I ponder it, if i had to choose one I'd pick Yzerman.

5) The old 2 niner. (borque) he did insane things with on the Pens Cup runs.

6) 2 years ago, I would have said Kovi without thinking. Now, I still say Kovi, but it's a lot closer than it was a few seasons ago. In my opinion, ever since he came to NJ, he has gone down hill. Out of those three he is still my top pick, but he has definitely dropped in MY overall player standings.

Source(s): THIS IS MY OPINION! So don't give me crap about it people.

1. Mario Lemieux.

2. Sidney Crosby.

3. Alexander Ovechkin.

4. Steve Yzerman.

5. Nicklas Lidstrom.

6. Pavel Bure.

Some in here show their age (as in youth). Any argument for one over the other is largely a matter of opinion but to seriously draw any semblance of comparison between Fedorov and Ovechkin? Nt even close at this point. Fedorov won Selkes, Harts, Stanley Cups and even a Byng and is one of the top all time playoff scorers. Ovechkin scores....and that pretty much sums up his career at this point. Fedorov was at one time the fastest skater in the game (and also won the hardest shot competition as well), his puck possession skills were similar to what Datsyuk does now, he was also a fairly large and strong guy who you never knocked off the puck. He was equally adept at center or wing and often played as a defenseman in critical situations and was one of the best defensive forwards of his time. And Ovechkin...scores...that is pretty much it. Fedorov took over playoff games....Ovechkin hasnt proven an ability to dominate during that time. Sorry....there is no comparing the 2 unless Ovie suddenly develops the rest of his game. And I think Ovie is one of the best players in the game today, he just isnt capable of doing the things Fedorov did in his prime and isnt nearly as complete a player.

Mario Lemiuex

Oooh! You're comparing Datsyuk with Crosby?! its close but my answer is Pavel Datsyuk!

Which Fedorov? Sergei? Alexander Ovechkin by far!

Steve Yzerman over Joe Sakic

Again close call... Nicklas Lidstrom just above Scott Neidermeyer

Pavel Pure exceeds Mogilny and Kovalchuck!!! The Russian Rocket!!!

CANUCKS FOR THE CUP!!! SCREW THE BRUINS!!!

Mario is a better player Jagr had better flow

Crosby and Datsyuk doesn't make sense they are completely different but id rather Crosby

id rather have Ovie on my team, but Fedorov is king of swag

Yzerman (only argument worthy one here)

Scotty Nidermayer, pure leader and does nothing but win

Ilya Kovalchuck.

Lemieux

Crosby

Ovechkin

Yzerman

Scott Niedermayer

Ilya Kovalchuk

• Snid

This is mostly opinions, you know.

Lemieux over Jagr

Datsyuk over Crosby

Fedorov over Ovechkin

Yzerman over Sakic

Lidstrom

Pavel Bure

Lemieux

Crosby

Ovechkin

Yzerman

Bourque

Bure

Lemiuex

Datsyuk

Ovechkin

Yzerman

Neidemeyer

Jagr

Crosby

Fedorov

Yzerman

Lidstrom

Pavel Bure

thats my opinion