Need help to file a claim to receive benifits for low income earners.?

I recently lost my job and was denied for unemployment benifits. My wife is the only one working. I have a child that is below 18 y/o. I wondet if my wife could qualify and claum benifits as low income and claim me and my below 18 child as dependents? My mom lives with us. Could my wife also claim my mom (retired) as her dependent?

2 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Hopefully one of these sites may help you, this one is for general assistance through dhs .

    General Assistance/ Transitional Assistance

    Catholic Charities helps a lot of people, I've known them to give food and gas vouchers, clothes, who knows how much they can do, you have to check them out : )

    Your local Salvation Army may help some, try them.

    I think your best shot would be to make an appointment with your township as I've known them to help people I've known in many different circumstances. Some will even pay your rent 1 time a year. They will also have a list of Churches & food pantry's etc that help. Good Luck to you!

  • 9 years ago

    Hi there. I see that no one has answered your question. I will take a stab at it. I think no one is answering, because they are not sure what kind of "benefits" you are referring to. There are many different kinds of benefits low income families may be able to obtain. Check out to see what you may be able to qualify for. Good Luck to you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.