Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 9 years ago

how to get rid of blackheads?

Favorite Answer

You never get rid of white/blackheads "for good". You have to get rid of them, then maintain a regimen to minimize their recurrence. You have a few options that I've used- Pore Strips, Blackheadmask-Before you use any method, I would recommend that you STEAM your face first. Be careful though. Get a pot, fill it half way with hot water, get it to boil. SHUT OFF the stove, and place your face above the steam. Again, be careful. You can also get a towel, soak it in hot water, and cover your face with it. Just make sure it's not hot enough to burn your skin. Then, do whatever treatment you want to do. After the treatment/strip/mask- Rinse your face with cold water, then close your pores with either 1.salicylic Acid, or 2. Benzoyl Peroxide/acne medication 3. Sulfur ( I use de la cruz 10% but it is very drying) 4.Tea Tree Oil (I'm going to be trying this one soon) to kill the bacteria that causes them in the first place. Go to www.blackheadmask.com if you'd like to purchase the mask (20$) but shipping takes a couple of weeks. Hope this helps. Good luck!!!

For your nose I would recommend you using Biore porestrips. It takes away a lot of blackheads but it can hurt ripping it off :/ so be careful with that.

Also you should use a facial scrub on your face to upkeep the removal of the blackheads from the porestrips. I would recommend St. Ives Apricot scrub, it's my absolute favorite. You should use it maybe once or twice a week but don't overdo it because you don't wanna irritate you face too much. Spread it on evenly all over your face when it's damp, and they say scrub it off immediately but I find it works more efficiently if I keep it on for anywhere from 5-15 minutes (I normally put it on when I get into the shower and scrub it off when I'm almost done). I also don't scrub it off with my fingers but instead I use a paper towel thats damp with warm water to scrub and then wipe it off. I suggest scrubbing a little harder around the nose area since blackheads are usually more plentiful around there.

Also don't forget to regularly wash your face with a cleanser twice a day (morning and night) to keep it clean and keep oils from building up which cause pimples and blackheads.

Hope I helped! Good luck :)

Use Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips, Also Make Sure You Use A Cleanser One With Bursting Beads Works Best For Me, I Use Clean And Clear Morning Energy And Its Great. Good Luck :D

Source(s): Personal Experience
  • SCU

Use a toner or something to clear out your pores. Also, put acne treatment gel specifically for blackheads on it.

i usually wrap my two pointer fingers with a small sheet of toilet paper or kleenex- for a better grip- then push down and squeeze my blackheads..this often works for me.

good luck :)

Pore strips are handy dandy. Use a scrub.

I have found some good tips in following link, It may be good for you too

http://www.beautifulhamesha.com/Blackhead.php

u buy facial cleanse

I use clean and clear it helps

also just wash often

wash face twice a day

With a flamethrower.