Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 8 years ago

is this laptop good for gaming?

I found this laptop on best buy just wondering if it can run games like Minecraft or Portal 2 smoothly my friend said it wont because of the graphics card please help

Laptop link: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/acer-acer-aspi...

Best Answer

Should be okay. I don't think Minecraft or Portal 2 is too intensive. L4D2 plays fine on the A6, FWIW.

A lot of laptops you buy online store bought, or just online for low performance use like going on there to play small games or work on it like doing your job, they can't support large gaming platforms. You could go to dells website and see if you can find out how much it would cost to custom make a laptop with the best video performance, processor speed, best hard drive that does a lot of RPMs, and has at least 4-6GB of ram. Trust me, I have a desktop computer and a desktop computer. I can't play any games on my laptop, but I had to upgrade my desktop to 8GB of ram, 2GB video card, and get another AMD processor with 3.0GHz dual core. That peace of crap there, that won't get you anywhere near gaming performance. For a gaming laptop, you probably need to spend well over $900-$1700 for the best one. Cheap high performance laptop that would be great for the price that I saw was $1056..

Try alienware.com and see if you can find a laptop best for gaming. They are rated 9.8/10 of gaming performances.

Source(s): Used to be a hard core gamer, IT specialist (degree and N+ certified), Web designer (degree), and business leader.

This isnt something you should be considering if your looking into a gaming computer. The thing with gaming laptops is that the are constricted by their compact design. This causes difficulties if you need to upgrade, and may force you to buy another computer. If you are really into gaming. Id suggest building a desktop computer with parts from newegg.com. With desktops, you get more for your money, though you are sacrificing ease of portability. Hope i helped somewhat.

Source(s): Computer nerd, Demi-Admin of a Minecraft Server. IP: minecraft.sgpup.com
  • 9001

Minecraft yes, Portal 2 never.

You need to spend some serious dough if you want to run high end games. Also, Acer, isn't the best company to buy from.

Integrated graphics is always a lower quality than dedicated graphics but the Processor speed isn't very good, 1.4Ghz even on a quad core is still only 1.4Ghz, multi-core only allows you to put those cores to different uses, so it'll be slow.

• Person

Your friend is right. You could've tried looking up some performance numbers to get confirmation. A good gaming laptop will cost you a lot more than that crummy thing.

• Adrian

Integrated video is never good for higher end games. Many are ok for low end games, you have to decide....

I would say yes BUT !!

Its an acer....