Pirahã asked in HealthOther - Health · 10 years ago

Could pasteurization be a cause of cancer?

So here's my theory: consuming dairy products made from pasteurized milk is a major cause of cancer.

My evidence is that a) lifelong vegans don't get cancer, and b) people in the developing world, where milk is typically consumed raw, also don't get cancer.

So, in the true spirit of science: there's my null hypothesis. Now help me find examples to disprove it.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Your right .. • Dairy sources are high on the food chain, which concentrates toxins, pesticides, and hormones.

• More than 20 percent of dairy cows carry leukemia viruses. Sheep, goats and chimps that are fed cows’ milk sometimes develop leukemia. There’s a great possibility these viruses can be transmitted to humans too.

• Studies have shown that the two most common cancers: breast and prostate are associated with dairy product consumption.

• Studies have shown that type 1 juvenile onset diabetes in children is linked to dairy product consumption.

• Casein — a milk protein — is a common cause of food allergies. Casein needs the enzyme rennin, to break down, but rennin isn’t present in humans after the age of four.4 Cows’ milk contains 300 times more casein than mothers’ milk.5 Casein, which is very sticky, is a main component in popular nontoxic glue. Casein coats the digestive system, leading to leaky gut syndrome, malabsorption and/or constipation. These all lead to a weakened immune system and toxic build up in the blood along with a host of other health problems that stem from the leaky gut syndrome (see the Assimilative Health chapter). Casein is extremely mucus-forming, due to its bacterial breakdown (putrefaction), our allergic response, and its glue-like nature.

• Pasteurization destroys all enzymes, including phosphatase, which is necessary to assimilate calcium, minerals and vitamins. During pasteurization, milk is heated to at least 115 degrees Celsius, causing organic calcium to become insoluble and therefore very hard to digest. Temperatures from 190 to 230 degrees Celsius are required to kill typhoid bacilli, coli, tuberculosis and undulant fever, but pasteurization temperatures only reach 145 to 170 degrees. Pasteurization kills some beneficial bacteria which normally keep the harmful bacteria in check. Within 24 to 48 hours after pasteurization, the amount of harmful bacteria doubles.

• Cows’ milk has twice as much protein as human milk, because a baby cow doubles its weight so quickly.

• Baby cows who drank pasteurized milk died in 30 days.

• Homogenized cows’ milk prevents cream from floating to the top. If raw milk is ingested, the enzyme xanthine oxidase is digested in the stomach. If the milk has been homogenized, fat globules from the cream encase the enzyme, which can pass undigested into the blood, attaching to artery walls and becoming abrasive. The body repairs these abrasions with cholesterol. The xanthine oxidase enzyme is a significant cause of heart disease in the United States.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.