Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Christians, how would you describe the lifestyle of 'h^m^s'uals' a good one/bad one?

(sorry, understand some words tracked, so this is for men with men etc.)

This question would look at what you think the results would be, or are today?

Some will have a lot of information, especially those who are same sex.

This is a movement, this opening of those 'closet doors', and we should know

what is coming up next, whether

we think it is a bad thing, a good thing, and why we think that.

We're looking here at overall lifestyle impacting on others, not their lifestyle

for them, but what it does to us, to society, to families.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I have answered this question once today already and my answer seems to have disappeared. I will have another go, if I can remember any of what I said.

I would have to say that this type of lifestyle is actually dangerous. That may sound a little extreme but nevertheless I stand by that remark.

The reason for this is that men who lie with men instead of women are not only in severe danger from God's judgement, because God has said that this particular lifestyle is an abomination to Him (Leviticus 18:22), but in addition, they are in danger from many other problems in life. One is disease. The unnaturalness of this type of intercourse can cause all sorts of problems - infections, ulcerative colitis, rectal cancers, bowel problems, severe malfunctions of rectal muscles and more.

In additions, many h*m*s*uals are affected by mental disorders, depressions, Seasonal Affective Disorders and often attempt suicide at a very young age due to the lack of peace and harmony in their bodies between what they instinctively know God wants of man and man's own lusts of the flesh.

Unfortunately men who are of this persuasion often feel ashamed and inferior, fearful and tormented and there is only one way out of this quagmire for the unregenerated mind and heart.

Without Christ it is hopeless. Families are often split over these issues, parents feeling ashamed of their 'Gay' child and the child feeling rejected by the family.

This is a very bad sexual orientation because of the harm it causes to the psyche of those involved. Young people need to keep themselves pure and undefiled and have NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THESE PERVERSIONS.

Men will say it is normal but God says the opposite and He knows best.

I would advise everyone not to get involved in this type of sexual orientation because not only is it an evil addiction which can ultimately cause the death of its victim but also God cannot look upon sin and therefore, anyone who goes along this path, will ultimately end up being punished with destruction from the presence of the Lord and from His power.

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God (Hebrews 10:31)

• 9 years ago

Society is composed of the people who constitute it. If gay people have an impact on society, then they must be a part of society. So, to ask, "what impact do gay people have on us?" you'd have to include gay people in the "us," else the answer is "none at all." Therefore, their impact has already been felt, and no one can stop them.

However, as to whether it would be good or bad, going by a rather simple definition of good (that which makes people happy while harming no one), it's not bad. Accepting gay people doesn't mean anything. Our society would still be against premarital sex and promiscuity. We wouldn't allow pedophiles or extreme perversity. And what would it do to families? Is the definition so strict, rigid, and defined that changing the sex on one member destroys the entire thing? Is it really so aesthetically bound to the archetype? Wouldn't a family be deeper than a mother, father, and child? How does a gay couple destroy that? Wouldn't it just build on it, or augment it? Wouldn't it allow us to focus on what really matters in a family?

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

New Testament scriptures that forbid homosexuality:

1 Corinthians 6:9, Revelation 21:8, 1 Corinthians 6:13, 1Corinthians 6:18, 1Corinthians 10:8, Ephestans 5:3, 1 Thessalonians 4:3, Hebrews 12:16, Hebrews 13:4, Revelation 22:15.

Homosexuals and cancer

According to a recent report, homosexual men are twice as likely to get cancer than heterosexual men -- findings that one California-based doctor says show the risks of alternate lifestyles. (See related story) Results published in the journal Cancer show that the high number of homosexual men affected by cancer may be linked to the high risk of anal cancer and HIV infection. Also, lesbian and bisexual women who have survived cancer were less healthy than heterosexual women who also survived the disease.

Dr. Andre Van Mol, a board-certified family physician of the Christian Medical & Dental Associations, decides the report affirms the fact that alternate lifestyles are dangerous. He notes that the cancers are not only AIDS-related, although homosexual men have a higher risk in getting HIV.

"In 2010 at a national conference, the Centers for Disease Control reported that men having sex with men had 44-times the rate of AIDS diagnosis as did heterosexual men, and 40 times...worse than women," Van Mol reports. "So...we're talking an extraordinary risk here."

Out of the 51,000 men surveyed, five percent of heterosexuals and 8.3 percent of homosexuals had the disease.

"I'm very much concurring with the idea that God wants to protect us from things [such as] a lifestyle of sin," the family physician notes. "And it's not that we're saying GLBT people are alone in their propensity for sin, [because] all have sinned and fallen short of God's standards [Romans 3:23]. The 'thou shalt nots' and 'thou shalls' are there to protect us and help us."

The California Health Interview survey provided the data used in the study. It shows that 7,252 women and 3,690 men were diagnosed with cancer.

• Cindy
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

This lifestyle, even in a single partner context, is, physically speaking, extremely unhealthy and physically damaging to the bodies of the parties involved. I am speaking specifically of males in this context. I don't know a lot about the female practices.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kim
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

My thinking is lined up with the Word of God on this subject, not of the World and what type of movement we are experiencing. The Word of God says homosexuals as well as liars, adulters, fornicators, sorcerers, etc. will not inherit the Kingdom of God. It is really that simple.

• 9 years ago

I have to agree with the answers that you are generally getting on this one. In a word-'dysfunctional'.

• Carl
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

The end result is death.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.