Suggestions for great books to read?

I would love to have a list of books that is same type as hunger games. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

The Hunger Games was amazing. Here are some other great books, that you'll probably enjoy if you liked the Hunger Games. I'll summarize them for you.

Guaranteed to love:

-- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (Tally is counting down the days until she turns 16, and is transformed from a repellent Ugly, into a stunning Pretty. But when Tally's new friend Shay decides she doesn't want to be Pretty, and runs away, Tally is offered a choice: Find Shay and bring her back, or never turn Pretty at all.)

-- Matched by Ally Condie (In the Society, Officials decide. Who you love. Where you work. When you die. So when Xander appears on the Matching screen, Cassia knows that he is the one… until she sees another face flash for a second before the screen fades to black.)

-- Delirium by Lauren Oliver (Lena can't wait until she gets her vaccination, and will never have to worry about the Deliria again. But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.)

-- The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Thomas wakes up in a dark elevator, and can't remember anything but his first name. Living in the maze with the other boys seems odd, but then someone arrives at the maze who changes everything.)

-- Unwind by Neal Shusterman (In a world where unwanted teens are unwound, or in a divided state, Connor, Risa and Lev are thrown together on a harrowing cross country journey to escape unwinding)

-- Divergent by Veronica Roth (In Beatrice's world, everyone is sorted into a faction at 16. When her testing results are inconclusive, she makes a choice that surprises even herself. Her choice brings deadly secrets, and terrifying dangers, including surviving the competitive initiation)

-- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan (In Mary's world, you must trust in the sisterhood, and understand that the unconsecrated will never relent. But then there's a breach in the fence, and Mary's forced to run, all while learning about the sisterhood and its secrets.)

-- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (As a fireman, Guy's job is to burn books)

-- Lord of the Flies by William Golding (When teenage boys are stranded on an island together, they struggle to survive, and change in the process)

-- 1984 by George Orwell (In Oceania, Winston hates the Party, and Big Brother, so he decides to keep a thought diary, knowing that eventually the thought police will come for him)

Also try (don't have room to summarize these):

The Cirque du Freak series by Darren Shan

The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

The His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman

Across the Universe by Beth Reevis

The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson

The Gone series by Michael Grant

Source(s): I read, and all of these books are amazing. Happy Reading :).

Since I ABSOLUTELY LOVE reading, I'll give you a list.

- Harry Potter (obvi)

- The forbidden games series by L.J Smith

- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

- The Carrie Diaries (I know it's not at all like hunger games, but its well worth reading)

- Red Riding Hood

- I Am Number Four

I can't think of anything like hunger games, so I'll give you a list of other good books:

- The Last Song

- The Notebook

- The Book Of Awesome

- The Book of Even More Awesome

- Shiver

- Linger

- Forever

- She's So Dead To Us (and the sequel, he's so not worth it)

I love the Hunger Games!!

Matched by Ally Clondie and The Uglies by Scott Westerfield are the only books I've found so far that are pretty similar to the Hunger Games.

There aren't many like The Hunger Games....

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

Parable of the Sower, by Octavia E. Butler

1984, by George Orwell

A Canticle for Liebowitz, by Walter M. Miller Jr.

Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley

The Hunger Games is an excellent read and I have recommended it to many people, but about halfway through the cover came off and it started to fall apart.

I'm a fan of Clockwork Angel, and The Mortal Instruments books, both by Cassandra Clare. These books are great to read and re-read also.

Here are some books :

I'm Number Four:Series

Clockwork Angel:Series

Matched:Series

City Of Bone:Series

Blood Red Road: Novel

Divergent:Novel

Eon:Series

Gone:Series

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Fire by Kristin Cashore

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale