When you have a hysterectomy does it mean you are no longer a woman?

My mom had a hysterectomy because she had cancerous cells. She has to take hormone pills , but even though she had a hysterectomy doesn't mean she isn't a woman right? Or does the hormone pills keep her a woman ?

Btw , to ppl who say im catty or an idiot. My friend and I got into a fight over this, as I was the one saying she is still a lady. This is merely to prove a point. But thank you.

Favorite Answer

uterus or not.. pills or not. She is still a woman.Nothing can change that. its just now a few parts are missing inside and her hormones are probably gonna be more wonky.

• ?

lol of course she is still a woman, if she is taking hormones then she had a complete one, which does sometimes change sex drive or emotions in women. I just had a partial one (only uterus and cervix) and I feel even better than I did before, way better. I still have my ovaries, so it's like I have a hormonal cycle with all the "tell tale signs" but no period yay. If you still have ovaries, that means no hormones no change in emotions or sex drive or anything , both procedures leave you as a woman lol.

No. The essence of biological sex is not in our hormones or in our internal organs. It is more complicated then that.

You can be a man without a penis, for example.

It has to do, fundamentally with chromosomes. If she has chromosomes for female, she is female. If the chromosomes are male, he is male.

But then you get into stuff like if the cells actually followed the chromosome's instructions, in utero.

Then you get another layer, which is culture, and subjective factors, like if the individual 'feels' male or female.

Most people look, act, and are the gender that matches their biological sex. In the case of your mother, she is still 100% woman.

She's just as much a woman as she ever was, she just doesn't have a uterus or ovaries. The hormones keep her body working normally, the way her own hormones would if she still had ovaries.

Her sex is still a woman and her gender will always be a woman. Just because she doesn't have the parts of a female doesn't mean she is going to grow testicles or become some sexless monster.

• Vegan

She's still a woman even without the hormone pills.

It's similar to menopause.

I can't speak for all men, but the uterus is usually the last of a long list of things I use to identify a woman.

Source(s): "Personal" experience.

She's a woman regardless of whether she has her uterus/ovaries etc or not.

She was born female and she'll die female unless she has a sex change.

You still call her your mom. One has to be a woman to be a mom.

I think it's very catty of you to think this. surely you didn't think she will grow a male organ.

She's still a woman because she has female chromosomes.