What Does A Basic Private Pilot's License Get Me?

I'm saving up my money to get my private pilot license but I'm still not 100% sure what that gives me. I know all I will get to start with is my single engine prop rating and my VFR rating. But what I want to know is what hours of the day does the VRF rating let me fly and how many passengers can I have in the plane?

• Brett
    Best Answer

With a basic pilot's license in the US you get to carry has many passengers has you want but, are limted to ceilings (can't fly above 18,000 feet) and low visibility conditions. Where has, when you have a instrument rating you can fly without ever looking out of the windows. Solely on the instrument panel.

Some countries you can not fly at night in some countries. In the US though the PPL almost always includes 3 hours of night flying. If it doesn't you can become night qualified.

VFR qualification is obtained automatically as initial qualification -

And does not limit number of passengers you carry - Could be 400 -

With VFR, you are limited by ceilings and visibilities -

And in some countries, you cannot fly VFR at night -

You could be holder of a Private Pilot Licence, and be rated on a... 747 -

But with a Private Pilot Licence, you cannot fly for hire...

Source(s): Retired airline pilot
  • bob

A big fat cheese pizza worth about 6,000 dollars topped with VFR and as many passengers your weight and balance allows between nautical dawn and nautical dusk!

• trif

ideal to do floor college first. then you could prepare this lore once you genuinely are on the controls. whilst waiting to fly, check out flight faculties on your section, get a 0.33 type medical certificates (flight faculties might have lists), and save up approximately $6000. After variety of 60 hours of flying time, you would be waiting to take the flight attempt and get your inner maximum certificates.