Boss asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 8 years ago

how to change product key of activated windows 7-64 bit??? Pls suggest me an solution.?

I am using WINDOWS 7-64 BIT operating system and it is activated already. I ve a new Original Product key now .My system don't have option for changing the previous product key. I ve tried lot of ways but nothing worked good.

HOW CAN I CHANGE MY PRODUCT KEY??

Best Answer

I know how its done for xp, not sure about win7 personally, but here's something I came across in a forum.

1. Right Click on My Computer and Select Properties.

2. Wait a second for windows activation details to get populated.

3. Click on Change Product key link after your Windows 7 activation details are populated.

4. Enter New Product Key and click on next to activate your windows 7

done

or an alternative

Command Prompt

1. Click on start and type command (cmd) with run as administrator option or

open elevated command prompt

•Click on Windows 7 Start Button

•Go to All Programs-> Accessories

•Now right on Command Prompt and select “Run as Administrator” from context menu.

•This should bring elevated command prompt mode with full Administrators rights

2. Now type following command

“slmgr.vbs -ipk <insert your new product key here>”

3. To activate windows after changing the key, run “slmgr.vbs -ato”

done

Hope this helps.

Windows 7 64 Bit Product Key

• adamek

Change Windows 7 Product Key

The product code is issued by Microsoft with the disk when you buy it, or when you buy a licence key. The licence is for ONE machine. When you enter the key the operating system needs to contact the Microsoft site to confirm that key matches the hidden serial number of your copy. If not it reports itself to Microsoft as pirated and refuses to activate. Also if it as been used on another machine the whole disk is recorded as pirated and it refuses to activate, and can cancel the original activation, making the disk useless even for recovery.You can just simply copy the data off the hard drive of 1 computer, and paste it onto a hard drive in another computer it doesn't work that way lol you will have to install a freshew OS windows 7 home 64 bit is the most common for laptops.torrent it from some place from google or even try microsoft.if you have a serial key , use it otherwise leave the serial key blank when you install windows 7 and then use an activator program or buy a key what ever If the laptop already has a key right click computer and click properties, and copy the serial key.http://www.vanskeys.com

• ?

Go to Start / Control Panel / System and Security / System.

Now scroll down the page, under Windows activation select change product key. From here you should be able to change it.

Source(s): PC Tech

Based on the good things said on tomshardware about http://www.productkeystore.com/, I actually went for it and bought a Windows 8 pro key from them, having got the .iso file from the Microsoft Technet pages.

I have been using it for just under a week now and no problems.

Put simply, it's legit!

high recommendation!

I was in need for a windows 7 genuine key, and my money were spent very well with www.aakeys.com. They key worked straight away with no hassle and my windows is now genuine. Plus the support replied straight away to any of my email and questions.

Thanks to the online product key vendor microsoft or danzibrothers, I get the legal copy of the product key in the first time. Now, my key brings to me a good user experience.

Source(s): danzibrothers

open start right click on COMPUTER go to properties ,and then change the product key

i just got a product key from http://www.win7codes.com/ . it worked perfectly. i'm so excited to share my experience here.

their customer service is 1st class and I will definitely be recommending the site and I will be using the site again.