Is Yahoo Answers a result of laziness?

lol, probably the most hypocritical question.

I mean I see a lot of questions on YA that people could just type into google or another search engine and research themselves? Are we that lazy we need others to research for us?

Maybe not so hypocritical, don't know if I could have googled this one, or for the sake of this site's moderators... used the yahoo search engine lol

No doubt, not knocking the personal question or when asking a question to ask for other's experience in a certain field... but the other ones... my god lol

Favorite Answer

Lol. I know what you mean. I've never understood why people ask questions like "who's the actress from transformers?" When they can just look it up

I use my points when I'm bored or when I really can't find it on google

Sometimes searching in a search engine for one answer can take HOURS. :) And sometimes it's a personal situation, so you can't really just search it. Like, if I had trouble with homework, instead of taking hours to look through Google and never really get the right answers, I could just put it up here and get some help. :) But I get what you're saying, some questions are stupid in which the person could have just put into Bing, "When's Johnny Depp's birthday?" or whatever, but decided to put it here instead. :)

Some questions are lazy. But sometimes its faster for someone else to respond that already knows the answer.

Maybe some people actually do research but cant find the right answer or maybe get two answers to a problem and want to ask actual humans. I guess however you look at it.

• Some questions are lazy but usually those are the people who have been around for a long time and see their contacts as friends so when they ask that...they feel they are asking their friends. :)