DO you ever hear a song, so beautifully-sung that you mourn the UNTIMELY PASSING OF A SINGER and wish that..?

... the artist were still around? If so, what song, which artist?

For me, today, it was the acoustic version of HICKORY WIND by GRAHAM PARSONS....man, I miss that man...

What say ye?

If you can post a link to the artist and the particular version of the song you refer to, that would be AWESOME!

My acoustic version of Hickory Wind is not on-line, but here is a link to an album version of the Graham Parsons song.

Thanks, Everyone!

Best Answer

if a member of the 27 Club, it would have to be Janis Joplin. Just about anything by her.

as to a beautiful song sung beautifully by a person no longer walking this earth, and Ella Fitzgerald is off the table, than my vote (this year) goes to "Fast Train" sung by Solomon Burke (written by Van Morrison). Or "Hold on Tight" by Solomon Burke and De Dijk. Both are on youtube.

and if you like your voices burnished from years of multiple excesses while still retaining their feeling and phrasing, Willy Deville is your man. I'd listen to him do a Solomon Burke song "Cry to Me" or one of his best Mink Deville songs "Cadillac Walk." both exist in multiple versions on youtube: annieplonk posts goods ones - and a great one is an acoustic version when he's younger.

Source(s): Sweetheart of the Rodeo

Rocky Mountain High

Jon Denver

I wish I could post the episode, but I use to be a fan of Designing Women There was an episode named "E.P., Phone Home" A truck driver shared an emotional story with one of the girls about Elvis and the truck drivers dying son. I am not a great fan of Elvis but in this episode, the truck driver dedicated "Are You Lonesome Tonight" as the girls were driving home and it hit my heart so much that I wanted Elvis back again, as well as MY son and HIS son.

Oh yes many. All of John Lee Hooker..All of S.R.V. Janis Joplin, Hendrix, Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye..Jr. Wells..Albert King..Hard for me to pick 1 song, from these artist, and I miss many others who now have their band in heaven. I will pick the song...Tick Tock by S.R.V.

• dardar

Imagine by John Lennon

Yeah - who wants to live forever by Queen, Freddie Mercury was a real talent :)

Redemption song by bob marley

TuPac

Source(s): q

The dock of the bay

Otis redding .

Back to black lovely lyrics by amy winehouse so poignant