Order of Make-Up Application?

Hi, Im 16 years old and going into grade 11 this year. I dont wear a lot of make up, but recently I went out and bought some. But when I got home with my bag full of makeup, I relized that I have no idea how to do anything with makeup!! So below i'll list the make up I bought and if you could help me out by giving me tips for application and an order to apply in. lol I didnt even have a clue what "shade" to buy so i just guessed :S haha so hopefully it doesnt look terrible. Also,if there are any other "essentials" I should get, let me know.

This is what I have:

Covergirl ("clean") Pressed Powder - Classic Ivory

NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Naturally Beige

NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder - Translucent Highlighter Glow

Organic Wear Pressed Bronzer - Light Skin

NYC Skin Matching Foundation (Liquid) - Light

NYC Liquid Concealer - Light

NYC Cover Stick - Natural

Avon Concealer Stick- Neutral

Organic Wear Mascara - Black

I bought some "Cosmetic Wedges", a Concealer Brush, A Foundation brush and a Powder Brush.

Like, I am soo lost. 10 points for best Answer.

What's Lighter? Light or Neutral or Fair?

Oh, and the last thing is, I have circles under my eyes..like this kinda (Not quite as dark)

http://www.ladyzona.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03...

What do I use to hide those? Thats why I bought some different coloured concealors. Which ones do I use to hide under eye shadows vs. hiding pimples?

Im lost, any help would be great!

Favorite Answer

Lemme break it down for ya :)

1. It doesn't matter whether you apply foundation or concealer first, but I prefer to apply concealer after foundation. Use your foundation brush to lightly apply your foundation over your entire face. Be sure to apply it to your eye lids, your jawline and under your chin. Blend it into your hairline.

2. For hiding pimples, use a concealer that matches your skin as closely as possible. For hiding under eyee circles, use a concealer that is about one shade lighter than your skin since the goal is to brighten up the eye area. Dot the concealer where it needs to be, then use your concealer brush to blend it. I'm not sure exactly what's lightest (it depends on the line itself), but usually 'fair' is lightest, followed by 'light', then 'neutral'.

3. Choose one of your powders and swirl your powder brush around in it. Then, lightly dust the powder over your entire face to set your makeup. A little powder goes a long way.

4. Now, swirl your powder brush into your bronzer, and lightly dust it over your forehead, nose, and under your cheekbones to give yourself a glow.

5. Apply two coats of black mascara to your upper lashes and one coat to your bottom lashes. You don't need to apply mascara to your bottom lashes, but at least do a coat or two on top :)

6. Finish by using your finger to dust a little high lighter on the top of your cheekbones, on the inner corners of your eyes, and under your brow bone.

As far as other essentials? A dark brown pencil eyeliner, a neutral shadow palette (such as NYX 'Champagne' palette), some blush (try a nice peachy shade, which flatters every complexion), and some lip gloss (I like Covergirl Wetslicks).

Source(s): Makeup Artist

Hey Darling!

1. Make sure your face is clean, so you have a nice fresh canvas to apply your makeup on to!

2. Use your foundation brush (or your fingers) and rub your foundation all over your face until it is nice and smooth.

3. Use your concealer brush or your fingers and apply any of the three concealers. Its really what matches your skin tone best out of the three.

4. Take either your Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder, or your NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder, and apply that all over your face (with either the applicator it came with or a powder brush). Putting the powder on, will set the foundation and make it last longer.

5. Take your Organic Wear Pressed Bronzer and apply it in the hollows of your cheekbones, and on the sides of your face :)

6. Take the NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder Highligter glow, and apply it on the high parts of your face, such as: the bridge of your nose, the top of your cheeks, and your brow bone!

7. Now finish off with your Organic Wear Mascara! Apply it to your upper and bottom lashes :)

Then you're done!

I hope this helped!

Good Luck!

Xoxo