what has world vision done to help the world?

please help i need this for a geo assignment

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The focus of the World Vision organisation is divided into five major areas: emergency relief, education, health care, economic development, and promotion of justice. World Vision activities include transformational development, emergency relief, strategic initiatives, public awareness campaigns and promoting Christianity. Though World Vision has consultative status with UNESCO and partnerships with UN agencies like UNICEF, WHO, UNHCR and ILO, its financial records reveal that it has funded evangelical activities all over the world.

World Vision's approach to aid is to first help people and their communities recognize the resources that lie within them. With support from World Vision, it claims communities transform themselves by carrying out their own development projects in health care, agriculture production, water projects, education, micro-enterprise development, advocacy and other community programs.

World Vision provides emergency relief to people whose lives are endangered by disasters or conflict and who need immediate assistance. It attempts to respond to all major emergencies around the world themselves or in cooperation with their partner agencies. For example, World Vision responded to famine in Ethiopia and North Korea, hurricanes in Central America, the tsunami in the Indian Ocean nations earthquakes in El Salvador, India, Taiwan, Turkey and the Sichuan earthquake in China, Cyclone Nargis in Myanmar and war refugees in Kosovo, Chechnya, Sierra Leone, Angola, and East Timor.

• 4 years ago

The only concern through this organisation, is the fact that some people think when they sponsor these children that that they 'own' them and this is not so. all these children have famililies already and they are not being adopted, they are being sponsored. There is a difference ! Then disgruntled people post stuff like this on the web with some lies that people can believe untruths, and so it spreads and before you know it, a terrific organisation is lied about.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.

He serving all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.

this organization provide emergency assistance to children and families affected by natural disasters and civil conflict.

it is working in many area like

Child Protection,

Clean Water,

Disaster Relief,

Economic Development,

Education,

Food & Agriculture,

Health,

U.S. Work,

Faith In ActionCountry Profiles,

Global Map

Tania Stevens

http://www.yelp.com/biz/optometry-cabana-san-diego...

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Hey there,

I can guarantee that improving eyesight without surgery (which I don't trust) is possible. I'm following this method http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=413 and I'm seeing very good results.

It's a really nice software.

Bye Bye

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.