Guitar chord progression question?

I would really, really appreciate some help. Could someone please give me some chord progressions that sound good? Like, I've never had guitar lessons or anything and I mostly just learn by ear, not necessarily by learning the chords, so when I try to write songs they are mostly all D, A, Em, G.

I would really, really appreciate if someone could give me some chord progressions or patterns that sound nice. I'd really appreciate one that sounds good for a sad song, one that's more pop-ish (kind of like Taylor Swift's Better than Revenge), and one that's kind of pretty like Landslide. If you could give me some progressions that use bar chords, that would be great too.

Sorry if this is kind of a confusing question but I'd appreciate any help I can get, thank you so much!

Favorite Answer

Hello there,

Here you go, try this chord progresson generator.

http://www.hotfrets.com/songanator.asp

That will should you the chords for various common progressions in any key you want.

Later,

A, D, E is very common. It's common because it sounds good. You just have to figure out what rhythm to play them. This is the I, IV, V pattern.

The same pattern works for G, C, D. Try it & see what happens.

Make up your own **** and quit stealing **** from other people. Did you ask people on here to write the poem for you too???