Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Muslims, Christians, why is so difficult for you to accept Israel's right to existence in THAT land?

Here is declaration of it: “The covenant which He made with Abraham, and His oath to Isaac and He

confirmed it to Jacob for a statute; to Israel as an everlasting covenant, saying:'To you, I will give the land of Canaan'. (Psalm 105:8-11)

kaganate - your position is hypocrite, because the same argument used to sustain the rights to existence in a particular land - from which a people has been forcible displaced - is negated to Israel but accepted for Sioux Indians or Kurds,, for example, when the historical records -read this a thousand of tergumen scripts, rolls and papyri - show their existence 3500 BC in that region and also their forcible expulsion. Why do you allow the dislike you feel against the Scriptures to occlude your judgement?

Merc - I do not know of the Koran any text claiming the right to that Land, specially when their most beloved Patriarch - Abraham - was given the Promise to bless his descendant through Isaac, not Ismael. Beside, their Holy Book was not written until 660 AC, (some number!)

Mark - not "hear" Marcus, consult the WatchTower Bible and Tract Society (the JW, or ask any witness when they knock to your door; this is only one segment of Christiandom. There are many more). Their stand concerning Israel is that is not more or less than Bolivia: another nation. "Theirs" is a "spiritual Israel", whatever that statement means. Nevertheless, Jehovah - when declaring His position in relationship to His Temple - says "my Spirit will dwell there FOR EVER". How long is 'for ever' for you?

Doubting Like Thomas - suppose He comes tomorrow and says "this is my Land" and you have been ruining it with your pesticide and your greediness. Are you gonna argue about it? Bottom line, some believe this is a political move, I - personally - believe these things were arranged some 3500 years BEFORE Christ for them to happen, and they are acting up now. It also was written "behold, a nation is born in ONE DAY" Bottom line: is the rain coming down because of Temp changes or because He sends it?

Rai A - I believe you are wrong, because the only people that has a claim founded in Scriptural records that span more than 3500 years is the nation of Israel. There is very little reason for the other nations to justify their intent of annihilating this nation through the centuries, even much before your Latin became a Lingua franca and died. Read Flavio Josephus' Antiquities of the Jews, for instance.

Hennerz - Nein, was Ich sage ist den Bible ist nur nicht ein Religiouse Buch, sonders ein sehr Guttes Historisch Buch.

LALALA! GOD DID IT! - God must be laughing so loud at your name...you have no idea. Even without you noticing it, you proclaim it. The bad works also for the good. Thanks anyway.

(Isaiah 11:12) "He will set up a BANNER FOR THE NATIONS, and will assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth."

Didn't this happen in 1948? How blind could someone be NOT to see it? "They have eyes, yet do not see".

kaganate - (edit)"solid declaration..." Is there ANY solidER declaration that that one coming from the One who gave the Land to the people He called ORIGINALLY Israel Himself? How much more solidiER you want it, kaga? Isn't the same Torah saying that "...by 2 witnesses ALL account should be considered TRUE...and by THREE for a matter of Life and Death? Israel's political position IS of Life and Death now. Wasn't it in 1948, 1967? Those are your OTHER two witnesses! The First Two were God Himself and the Torah.

• Rai A
    Best Answer

ALL Abrahambic faiths have legitimate claims to "THAT" land. I'm not just talking of the three main Abrahambic ones. It's hardly fair to claim any ONE faith should benefit over others.

I'd support a move to make the land a genuinely international land - with laws solely handled by the UN.

.

Source(s): Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus
  • ?

I'm a Christian, and I regularly pray for Israel, God's chosen nation, and I fully accept it's right to exist. I have never met a Christian that is anti-Israel.

Israel becoming a nation again is nothing short of miraculously fulfilled prophecy, and it brings me great joy. Israel gave salvation to the world, and we must be grateful for that.

I think some muslims are angry because of Israel being a muslim country before, then taken.

I do not support all of Israel's policies, but the regathering of Israel from the ends of the earth into the promised land is certainly a good thing, and I know God's love for His people.

God bless.

As a Zionist, I find that statements like yours are only used to undercut our legitimate claims to statehood as "nonsence out of an old book".

If you are not trolling but in fact believe that Israel has a rightful place in the world of nations and would in fact like to argue that point, please do not post justifications from scripture.

There are plenty of justifications that people of all faiths can agree to -- including the simple fact that Israel is the only country whose very right to exist is constantly questioned.

The modern political state of Israel was founded on the place of the historical land of Israel by natives of that land.

The modern political state of Israel was founded at about the same time as all of the other modern political states in that region (which had earlier all been subjects of either Turkey or England or France).

The only difference is that the other political states are ruled by Muslims and the said Muslim rulers can not abide that there should be a non-Muslim state among them and therefore they have been in an ongoing war with the state of Israel and invent false propaganda to justify that continuing war.

NOTE

If you do want to quote pro-Israel scripture at Muslims try this:

http://www.tabletmag.com/news-and-politics/28575/a...

• ?

I think Israel ought to get whatever land God promised them. I am a Christian. You know that the reason Israel was scattered to the wind was because of repeated idol worship and rejection of God's chastisement, right? Read Amos chapters 3 through 6 in the Old Testament. Learn and hear.

To quote the Bible at people who follow the Qu'ran is just silly. Christians are fine with Israel, it fits right in with that goofy End Times stuff.

Not everyone believes in the bible and no one has the right to anything (That's why Israel doesn't get it). Someone owns that land, and regardless of religion or whatever they aren't going to just "give it away."

Imagine that somebody shows up at your house, hands you two pieces of paper.

One is signed "God", and the other is signed "Balfour".

And both notes tell you that your home "really" belongs to the stranger on your doorstep.

Do you accept both as valid?

Do you accept one as valid?

The Balfour Declaration was the manmade document which was the basis of establishing the current nation of Israel.

And the Bible ( although rumor has it, was signed "God"), was, according to those who believe it, written by men who were "inspired" by God.

• soup

humans do not own nor will they ever own anything material.

have you ever seen anyone carry stuffs with them when they die?

let us bid our time here on earth with the things God let us borrow.

Christians do not have a problem with Israel being in that land.

• Merc

@Becka Morgan wrote: "[Muslims] have their own bible (the quran) in which god gave them the right to hold Jerusalem."

Could you please quote a verse from the Quran to support your claim?