Why do so many people support Rick Perry?

Watch these two YouTube videos and tell me if you want this man to become president of your country. These are not "left-wing propagandist" videos either, nor have they been taken out of context - this is raw footage from just two days ago, coming straight from the horse's mouth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedd...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVyW2c2NzyE

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=relmfu

Why do people support Rick Perry? What is it about him that makes people think he's a great candidate?

To those wondering why a Canadian cares about what happens in the states, do you have any idea how much influence America has on the rest of the world? Most of the companies that do business everywhere else have their corporate base in your country. The person running your government has a big impact on the rest of us.

And who cares if, as a Canadian, it bothers me to see Americans struggling? Should I be indifferent to the hardships experienced by other parts of the world?

Favorite Answer

Rick Perry is not as popular as the mainstream media would like you to believe. On the recent online poll after the Republican debate at the Reagan Library he came in third place. Mitt Romney came in second place. If you add up both their votes they still don't come anywhere close to the guy who came in first place - Ron Paul.

it extremely is in many circumstances people who care plenty approximately scuffling with consenting adults from doing inner maximum acts that are likely doing it themselves. It makes me ask your self approximately Rebecca Perry... Er... I advise Rick Perry.

He has run a business friendly state for the last ten years that has created 40% of the new jobs in this recession.

THese are good paying jobs with an average salary of $15 per hour.

Unlike Mitt Romney Perry will be able to argue against the hated Obamacare because he never introduced anything similar in Texas.

The only problem Perry has will be the media painting him as another Bush because he comes from the same state and has a similar accent...like 20 million other Texans

Have you ever been to any small town in this country? There are some frightening people out there in bumpkinland. I feel way safer in my BIG City. Just watch the movie Deliverance, you'll understand.

Rick Perry's created more jobs since 2009 as a Governor of Texas than Obama's created as President, and he's not a flip flopper who says what people want to hear like Mitt Romney

Because he's new. Michele Bachmann used to be the new big hit, but now she's ignored. Wait till Palin jumps in the race, then people will forget Perry.

I supported Michele Bachmann because she was the most principled candidate. Now Rick Perry has stepped in, I'm leaning towards him. He has really impressed me in this last debate despite him not being prepared. I sense the next Reagan or Calvin Coolidge in him.

Don't watch youtube as I have pubic hair

HeyCanuck per your edit

My family and I just got back from a road trip that took us into Canada Good God almighty we were in shock eveything and I do mean everything was 30 40 and in some cases 100 percent higher than state side I know your wages are the same and in many cases lower it is you who struggling

• Gungy

He has the stones to call it what it is. The problem libs have with Perry is he is a no bull$hit, flush the spin nonsense & deal with facts kinda guy. That attitude conflicts with the "turn your back on it and pretend it doesn't exist" mentality and "if we keep doing the same thing over again we'll end up one day getting a different result" mindset. Those days are gone, Obama's goose is cooked and Perry is his worst nightmare.

• Bronco

At this point people will take anyone except Obama I just hope we choose better this time. Last time it was anyone but Bush now we have a President that is actually making him look good.