Is this morally right?

I am in a situation where my roommates and I are applying for a restraining order for an ex-boyfriend of one of my roommates. The man has threatened not only my roommate but the rest of us roommates and we've been wanting to get one for a few months now. The roommate (ex girlfrend) does not want to get a restraining order. Anywho, the ex girlfriend roommate has an email that will be crucial to get this restraining order and one of the other roommates (let's call her Sam) wants to steal the letter to use. I've been friends with the ex girlfriend roommate way longer than Sam has and I dont want to compromise my friendship with her By stealing a letter, which I'm sure she knows. Anywho, I was wondering what everyone else thought about this situation?

Favorite Answer

You might be able to get the restraining order without stealing the letter. If both of you roommates show up and swear in an affidavit you might get one (less likely two people would lie). She will probably get mad anyway since she doesn't want the restraining order but eventually she will realize how messed up the situation is and not be angry at you two.

If your serious about being threatned by this ex then i think you should talk to your roomate and explain how concerned you are and she would probably understand. And if your honestly not that afraid for your safety and just want a restraining order to "pay back" the ex then i think you should stay out of it because that would be childish, and ultimately really hurt your roomates feelings.

no its illegal, shee could sue and get you arrested