Is it a bad idea to connect to the wife of my old friend?

All righ, so my good old university friend has god married. He lives far away in another country though. He added me as a contact to his network and he has sent me a picture of his wife and kid, but he did not talk to me much ever since. His wife's origin is same as mine and now she hangs daily in my Linkedin among people I may know, and it just bugs me how she looks so much like my own photo. I almost was going to send her an invitation today, saying that I kind of know her and her family and would like to get in touch, but then I remembered those few romantic things we've done with her hubby in our old school days (pretty silly actually), and I am

just hesitating. Is it wrong to approach her? Am I going to bw taken as a friend or as another woman who is trying to steal

her husband? I sure do not have that intention, but I am just afraid to be misunderstood. Should I get permission from my

friend before I message her? In general what do you do about your male friends once they get married? Just forget them?

Well we used to be close. Now not as much, but stll he writes every once in a while to give some news.

• .
    Favorite Answer

LinkedIn is a professional networking service, not a social one...don't drag drama in there...as for connecting or not at all, what's the point??? You don't know her, and don't sound as though you are super-close with her husband...why try to befriend her, and possibly end up upsetting yourself or her, due to your past relationship with the guy???

Some things are best left alone...

Oh for God's sake,you're a grown woman,you can have anybody that you want as a friend. My wife has a ton of male friends and I don't worry for a second about it. I'm secure and know she's married to me,not them.

• kiss4u

Move on their is many others you can be friends with.