C'kins
C'kins asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 8 years ago

How do I get to 'safe mode' for Spybot , running anti-virus program?

Hi, I'm trying to run Spybot Search and Destroy..to find out why my comp. is acting slow, and see if maybe I've picked up a Virus..I forget something, - when booting up, how do I get to Safe Mode again? I know it's F- something, but I've forgotten,..please help! :)

Favorite Answer

Excuse me for not answering the question that you asked, but Spybot 1.6.2 is about useless for malware detection.

Spybot 2 may be better, but as far as I know it's still in beta, so I wouldn't recommend it at this point either.

I still keep Spybot 1.6.2 installed and updated, but only for its SD Helper function, *not* its antispyware abilities.

If you want the best malware detection, download the free versions of Superantispyware (SAS) and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM).

> Superantispyware: http://www.superantispyware.com

> Malwarebytes Anti-Malware: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_...

*** You can run SAS in safe mode if you like, but MBAM was designed to be run as a *quick* scan in NORMAL mode... run MBAM in safe mode *only* if something is preventing it from running in normal mode.

BTW, if you can't update your Spybot immunizations (SD Helper), run the program as Administrator.

(right click on its shortcut and select Run as Administrator.)

• ?

F8 usually gets you into safe mode.. however, you do not need to be in safe mode using spybot , use normal mode .

Its a form of undercover agent ware/malware, you will desire to attempt downloading advert-Ware by Lavasoft for loose which could with a bit of luck get rid of it, or you will desire to obtain AVG 8.0 loose by Grisoft besides. the two are stunning freeware scanners that are easy-weight. ~Yiffy