Cesca
Lv 4
Cesca asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

Gone with the wind an easy book to read for a 16 year old?

For English class, I have to read certain books on a list to reach a certain amount of points...and Gone with the Wind was on it. I figured why not, and it was worth a lot of points.

However, the reading level was rated pretty high (7.1/10). So I'm afraid I won't be able to understand it.

I'm pretty use to reading books with modern language such as meg cabot's books. I tried reading pride and prejudice and almost had no idea what was going on.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Yes, when Mrs. Mitchell was interviewed after her book was published she was quoted as saying something to the effect, "I wrote "Gone..." with syntax swift and easy enough for your average sixth grader to read and follow the plot."

It's an enjoyable read.

Note: the beginning may seem slow to you because Mitchell is using those chapters to develop good and effective characterization.

• gosman
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Charles Dickensis properly worth examining quicker or later. right this is a actual mixture - some will greater healthful you and what you decide on / choose others no longer so.... Vampire Academy (Richelle Mead) Interview with a Vampire (Anne Rice) Dracula Evernight (Claudia gray) Nightworld (L J Smith) abode of nighttime (very teenage) Nora Roberts has various romance sequence alongside with a vampire / have been / witch sequence Picnic at putting Rock (Joan Lindsay) Lord of the rings / The Hobbit Hitch hikers handbook to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams) Eragorn trilogy finding for Alibrandi (Melina Marchetta) Sisterhood of the traveling Pants Pelican's Creek (Maureen Pople) Anne of green Gables (L M Sir Bernard Law) Memoirs of a Geisha (Arthur Golden) The Shiralee (Dárcy Niland) Chocolat (Joanne Harris) Harp in the South; destructive guy's Orange; Missus (Trilogy via Ruth Parks) the place the heart is (Billie Letts) A city like Alice (Neville Shute) Little females (Louisa would Alcott) the three Muskateers (Alexandre Dumas) The count form of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas) something via the Bronte sisters or Jane Austen Room with a View (E M Forster) Tess of the D’Urbervilles (Thomas Hardy) Jude the imprecise (Thomas Hardy) A Christmas Carol (Charles Dickens) Frankenstein (Mary Shelley) Oliver Twist (Charles Dickens) final of the Mohicans (James Fenmore Cooper) Trixie Belden The Hardy Boys The Princess Bride (William Goldman) The Princess Diary (Meg Cabot)

• 4 years ago

If you want to learn your child and she\he has between 2.5 and 7 years old then your great system is this https://tr.im/5MqEe , Children Learning Reading.

The benefit that Children Learning Reading program  has over a complete term recognition understanding program is so it has the capacity to train it's strategies in a nutshell and enjoyable  slow steps.

With Children Learning Reading program you and your son or daughter will be able to spend enjoyable time together because they learn how to read. No requiring your youngster to remain through dull ‘monitor marathons ', the classes are so small they are easy to match in to your daily routine. The entire program consists of 50 lessons and the instructions are made in ways that it will not matter if you skip several days between them. Therefore your youngster can carry on on the path to examining accomplishment even though “life gets in the way”'.

• 8 years ago

Absolutely.

It's not exactly like Shakespeare puns based on 17th century English or Milton verse (which should also be OK for a 16 year old anyway). It's modern fiction!

TBH Pride and Prejudice should be OK - don't expect to just 'understand' terms you've never encountered before. While the theme is timeless, Austen wrote in 18th century Britain.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.