U.S.A vs Canadian hockey, who is better?

• etsen3
    Best Answer

USA is good and has some great players (Kane, Kesler, Miller, Parise etc.), but I don't think anyone compares to Canada.

-Most registered hockey player and more NHL players than all other countries combined despite a small population,

-Defending Olympic champs

-the first organized hockey game was played in Canada

-Hockey was likely invented in Canada

-the NHL started in Canada

-the Stanley Cup came from Canada

-Most of the all time greats of hockey are Canadian

The only things Americans have better than Canada in hockey is winning the Stanley Cup more, but they couldn't have done it without the Canadian players that make up the majority of their rosters

• They're both amazing teams. I have a feeling if they faced several times the games would all be very close. But in the long run, team Canada. I'm American, and am very proud of the team, but in America, Hockey is just not popular enough to have kids constantly going for the big leagues here, so it's slim pickings.

Canadian...the game is played much more in Canada and Canada are defending gold medal champs. But I'll give credit to USA, they're on the rise with stars like Kane and Parise.

• The main percent of NHL hockey players are canadian, And hockey originated in canada, plus im canadian, so im saying canada. The Stanely cup originated in canada and was made for canada. In canada we have a larger percent of winter than the other seasons, so hockey is one of our main sports as well, usually i kid is taught to play as soon as he can walk

Source(s): Wikipedia.org, history class in school

Both are farely good in the olympics, We came out with the gold medal though. We have more junior leagues like the chl and more kids signed up. Its kind of like football we dont play it but you guys rock same thing with hockey but were almost equal

Canada for sure. Just look at all the amazing players that get left off their olympic roster

Canadian of course

Well im american so I do want to say U S A but i have to say canada

Canada, because its my country I say that. But, there both really good teams.

the canadian ;)

kiss