Carlos asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 years ago

Is Tony Gonzalez the best tight end ever?

What do you think?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Kellen Winslow - 541 receptions, 6741 yards, 45 touchdowns, 5 Pro Bowls

John Mackey - 331 receptions, 5236 yards, 38 touchdowns, 5 Pro Bowls

TONY GONZALEZ - 1074 receptions, 12535 yeards, 88 touchdowns, 11 (consecutive) Pro Bowls

Argument over....Gonzalez is the best tight end to EVER play the game, without question, and the stats back it up. By season's end he will be #2 in all time receptions behind the great Jerry Rice.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

It's an era previous problem that most bettors are affected with each of their lives. If you're able to manage to help keep dropping month after month, then at the very least you get to keep trying. But in reality, you're just seeking in the useless hope any particular one time you'll grab that large win and every thing is going to be all right again and that you can just make it happened here https://tr.im/u8Loo with Zcodes System.

The support staff is awesome; they keep the info new and updated! This is not anything some body only whipped together and decided to sell to whomever. This is meant for real sports investors and there are 27 real persons behind that computer software which will always react to your help seats within 24 hours.

• D
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No; he's up there. I definitely think that he beats out most of the other TE's that people have named from the past, but there's one name that sticks out to me as the benchmark for the modern day TE. That is Kellen Winslow, Sr. He redefined the position of TE and set a standard for the position that has yet to be matched. Still, Gonzalez is an amazing talent and a seemingly ageless wonder in a sport where few can play past 35.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

You can't really go by stats because alot of earlier TE's played when rules didn't favor the offense like today. The NFL has become overly offensive, Ditka probably would have had the same numbers also if all the passing rules were in place then. Today you can't even sneeze on a QB or graze the shirt of a WR without a penalty flag getting thrown.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Better than Mike Ditka, Ozzie Newsome, Kellen Winslow Sr, and John Mackey??? I don't think so.

He's good, but not the best.

• 9 years ago

I think John Macky of the old Baltimore Colts was the best tight end ever.

• 4 years ago

Too many folks are seeking to gambling to resolve their economic issues, but when they lose they're only creating things even worse.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

NO it was good to see him beat up on the trash *** eagles but the best TE ever is a guy by the name of Jay Novacek and the present best TE is Jason Witten

• 9 years ago

Shannon Sharpe.

• 9 years ago

I think there are many better than him. John Mackey and Kellen Winslow are two that come to mind.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.