Which console is better PS3 or Xbox 360?

I know this been alot to say but this base on what I should buy this chrismas. If you say Ps3 is better than Xbox 360 then tell me how it better or if you say Xbox 360 is better than Ps3 than tell me how it better. "Need your detail". Thank.

• Best Answer

OH LOOK.

An answer that isn't completely subjectively one-sided.

I have both, so it really depends on your interests.

PS3: For overall entertainment. Blu-ray, surf the intertubes, far superior graphics, free online, Modnation Racers is the equivalent of a high-graphics MarioKart = loads of fun.

X360: For the serious/hardcore gamer. It seems more community-oriented. Better/higher-quality online experience, because you have to pay for a subscription (most people have mics, unlike those on PS3). IT BEEPS WHEN YOU TOUCH BUTTONS! And a very sexy beep, at that.

I personally prefer the Xbox's controller, mostly due to the left analog stick placement feeling more natural. Although it is bigger, I don't find this to be an issue at all. I have small hands, because I'm a small lady :P But I like it better when I have something big fit in my hand. Innuendo not intended. On the PS3 controller, the sticks' tops pop out, which don't allow for as good of a grip. Then again, I am an avid gamer, so that's a big issue for me.

In short:

If you're more of a casual gamer, and would like a great-quality, nicely-priced Blu-ray player, the PS3 is your best bet. It has some terrific exclusives as well.

If you're into competitive gaming, the Xbox360 would be a better choice. But don't get me wrong, the exclusives' campaigns are phenomenal too.

But there are lots of new games coming out soon! Watching those trailers and gameplay demos can help you decide which console seems like a better investment.

And if you want my opinion: Graphics can only go so far for me. I find the gaming experience on Xbox to be better than on PS3. Aaannd Xbox has Halo, so that's why I'm sold :]

EDIT: In response to some other people's answers.

You'll find jerks on both consoles. You'll find jerks in school, at work, and on the street. You're just more likely to hear them on Xbox because most people on Xbox Live have a mic, whereas people on PSN generally don't. But the great thing is that you have an option to mute them or block communication - easily solved.

"Xbox is for nerds."

If you want to play that way, PS3 is a gaming console as well. You have PS3 die-hard fanboys, just as you have Xbox fanboys. So then that's for nerds too. You, sir, are a nerd.

@knowingneeded

You're somewhat of a hypocrite, kiddo. You talk about the PS3 being bashed, yet you're bashing Xbox with just as little substance or concrete support for your claims.

**And to the uninformed people: Yes, the original Xbox360 model had its RROD problems and such. But in case you didn't realize, Microsoft had released the Xbox360 Slim, which is improved and not likely to fail as often as its predecessor did. It's quieter and doesn't get as hot. (Also, people didn't realize a main reason Xboxes overheated and burnt out was because it was DUSTY in their house and the dust accumulated in the Xbox - clean your vents, people). My original PS3 just absolutely died. I couldn't get any of my information. I couldn't salvage my PSN ID. Some are faulty. That's what can happen with any device. I'm a reasonable, rational human being and won't lose any faith in a PS3 because of that experience.

The Ps3 Slim version is super cool..I already own the fat version....Planning to buy the new version as well...

Being the owner of Xbox 360 and PS3 I can honestly tell you that PS3 has a much better value for money than Xbox anyday even with with the unreduced cost($399)....

s

• ?

XBox vs PS3

- Xbox has better graphics in the third party games. While Ps3 takes the lead in Exclusive games.

- In xbox you pay $50/year for quality online while in Ps3 you get free online for easily downloading movies (rest of online on ps3 is not good)

- XBox has huge variety of games online and its definitely a place where you can spend your time at.. while ps3 does not have much games because it is not compatible with old games.

- Xbox has better controller

- Ps3 has bluray

- Xbox removed RROD in new models

- Xbox does not lags online while ps3 does!

I would recommend you to buy an XBOX 360 slim, Just read this detailed article from a gamer who has owned all the most popular consoles, and you'll know why I make this suggestion:

http://budurl.com/XBoxOrPS3

Here you can find the bestselling model of XBox sold at a discounted price (check other bundles as well):

http://budurl.com/XBoxConsole

If you decide to go for the PS3, you can find it at a good price here:

http://budurl.com/PS3Console

The PS3 does its job well. The controller's battery lasts about 8 hours on a full charge. Console collects dust easily, Durable system that does not overheat. Yeah, with so many titles and more coming out at this price the PS3's features are worth it. You should buy one!

Neither are perfect which everyone knows but overall xbox has better games but worse graphics. Out of personal experience I played the xbox probably 13 times in my life and the ps3 countless more times but all in all just get an xbox for crying out loud. Also with all the mixed answers you're never going to be able to chose so just get and xbox.

It's a PS3, it's awesome, it does everything. I'm not even really a gamer, and I BLOODY LOVE IT. The only annoying thing is that it doesn't ship with an HDMI cable -- it ships with the basically obsolete (and hobbling) tri-whatever cable, which is utterly silly. When you order your PS3, order an HDMI Cable 2M (6 Feet) (or hopefully they'll start shipping with non-obsolete cables!) as well, put your elliptical trainer in front of your TV, and then GO HAVE FUN!

I say ps3... it has

-cheaper

-free online

-more advanced hardware

-blue-ray/better graphics

-cheaper accessories

-made for real gamers/ not kids

-more exclusives

-better arcade games (downloadable $15-$20 games)

-they dont break every few months (ive had mine for 4 years and still going strong)

-customizeable/player made themes

-Not full of little kids

-wasn't literally designed for the annoying kids (like the xbox is)

-has more users

-dont have time to finish this list

I do find it funny though how the xbox fanboys just say the same thing over and over... "its just better" "ps3 sucks" "various curse words" lfmao

Depends you willing to pay for online?Xbox you need to pay to play online but get more features and PS3 you dont cause its free.PS3 has better graphics and is a blu ray player and xbox isnt.Xbox is for nerds and mlg and ps3 is for normal players.

ps3 because its free and is full of mature players while 360s is monthly paid service and full of jerks thats it

And the war begins again.