Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 8 years ago

Gatorade sports drink vs Gatorade powder?

Which one is healthier for you? I know water is better than gatorade but i have gatorade after workouts when i sweat.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

@ combat veteran: You are right about the BVO (brominated vegetable oil), but Gatorade uses Glycerol ester of rosin in place of the BVO. That still doesn't make Gatorade something you should put into your body though.

Gatorade is nothing more than expensive BAD SALT WATER! It is certainly NOT healthy for you. Look what's in that junk:

94% water (and does this water contain fluoride that can only be removed with reverse osmosis, distillation, or bone char? Did they do any of those expensive processes or just filter it?

Sucrose – the second ingredient. That is SUGAR!

Dextrose – More sugar and this type of sugar is GENETICLLY MODIFIED!

Citric Acid – This is MSG disguised (if made from corn – and most is)

Natural Flavor – More MSG disguised to hide that it is MSG in the garbage

Salt – typically sodium chloride that also contains GMO dextrose & aluminum

Sodium Citrate - Sodium citrate refers a sodium salt of citric acid – More MSG

Monopotassium phosphate - emulsifier and pH buffer

Modified Food Starch – More MSG

Red 40 – coloring - This, you need to have a little better explanation to understand what it is: Red 40 is a commonly used food coloring dye added to a variety of products. While it may make food esthetically pleasing in appearance, it can cause a negative reaction in those who consume it. Children are most often the ones who have sensitivity to red 40, whether or not their parents have realized it or not. Reactions include temper tantrums, hyperactivity, aggressive behavior, uncontrollable crying and screaming, kicking, nervousness, dizziness, inability to concentrate and sit still among other findings. Physically you may get frequent headaches or migraines, upset stomach and feel ill after ingesting this additive. Often when Red 40 is eliminated from the child's diet a remarkable change is noticed immediately. Does this sound like something children should consume?

Glycerol ester of rosin – is an emulsifier & stabilizer to keep oils in suspension in water. It is used in place of brominated vegetable oil.

Caramel color – Sounds harmless, eh? Well look what the Center for Science in the Public Interest says about it as of Feb. 16, 2011: The “caramel coloring” used in Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and other foods is contaminated with two cancer-causing chemicals and should be banned, according to a regulatory petition filed today by the Center for Science in the Public Interest. In contrast to the caramel one might make at home by melting sugar in a saucepan, the artificial brown coloring in colas and some other products is made by reacting sugars with ammonia and sulfites under high pressure and temperatures. Chemical reactions result in the formation of 2-methylimidazole and 4 methylimidazole, which in government-conducted studies caused lung, liver, or thyroid cancer or leukemia in laboratory mice or rats.

High Fructose Corn Syrup – The company says it is sugar similar to what the body produces! What a bunch of marketing hoop-ta-la to downplay the farce that is causing more OBESITY in America than most any other product. HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) is processed by the liver just like alcohol, but alcohol can be metabolized in the brain as well, but NOT HFCS! So you get FATTY LIVER just like an alcoholic, but without the buzz when you consume this junk!

So where are all the trace mineral electrolytes that are so good for you in this trash? This is nothing but JUNK FOOD, high priced salt water filled with junk that damages the body. Do you really want to put this trash in your body?

good luck to you

Source(s): Certified Nutritional Therapist B.A. biology & chemistry QRA Practitioner, Author Advanced nutritional research
    • Jim4 years agoReport

Certified nutritional therapist is not a legitimate credential, so DO NOT listen to all of the lies. MSG has to be specifically identified, not hidden as the ingredients she claims.

• deason
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Gatorade Powder

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Gatorade sports drink as gives you more energy than a powder.

• Breezy
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Most likely the bottled gatorade. With the powder most people just put in as much as they want, or until it tastes good, that may be with more powder than the recommended suggested serving. You're getting the correct amount of powder with bottled drink.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

We often see hypothyroid symptoms totally reversed when commits to a plan that supports balance through nutrition and daily self-care. Learn here https://tr.im/8VVUF

Consume foods naturally high in B vitamins, such as whole grains, nuts, and seeds, and iodine (fish, seaweed, vegetables and root vegetables).

Exercise daily, at least 30–60 minutes per day, 4–5 times a week.

Practice deep breathing and other techniques that trigger the “relaxation response” – such as meditation and guided visualization.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I agree with the person that said the bottle. I really don't care for the powder gatorade and I usually keep adding it until it taste better.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

The best reverse cell phone lookup service that I have tried is http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=538

From using a reverse cell phone lookup you will be able to get the callers name and address just by typing the phone numbers they will tell you the details related to the number. The reverse cell phone lookup service has your details available they will give you the cell phones location. For a full report including a name and address and other interesting informations you will have to pay. All reverse cell phone lookup services charge for the information as it is a contract bind between the mobile company and themselves, where they pay for the info. Enter the number in the system and they will tell you a lot of informations about the phone number and the person who owns it. If they have extra details you will have to pay for the report. If you only want to reverse lookup one cell phone or land-line phone number you will be charged about $15 but if you need to reverse lookup more than one phone or cell phone number you can get a years access to their database.

Free reverse phone lookup sites generally provide the most basic of information such as name and it works only for landlines. To get further information, money will have to be paid. The free searches do not provide much more than what can be found through the phone book.

This service is great, I used it a lot f time with great results: I always obtained what I was searching for. I definitly reccomend this service, check it out: http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=538

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axCnB

Well, if you are a sedentary person, I suggest you stick to the water. However, if you are working out and sweating (messing with your sodium, sugar, and electrolyte levels) I think that a sports drink is fine. A bit of both, especially after a long workout, is what I recommend.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

A veg is a plant or part of a grow used as food

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Source(s): End of Hypothyroidism http://HypothyroidismRevolution.emuy.info/?718s
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.