Hi Isaac, You agreed to share your Yahoo! information with dzhang for contacts. If you did not agree to shar?

I don't know who these people are and every time I remove them I keep getting the above email.

I go to my acct. Remove them. But they keep coming back.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Isaac

Update:

One more thing, email is from Yahoo.

account-services-us@cc.yahoo-inc.com <account-services-us@cc.yahoo-inc.com>;

Update 2:

Michael, I had to search, but I too was logged in Germany.

Update 3:

Wow....I too have a Samsung Fascinate.

Installed a couple of games recentlly from Samsung Apps that came on my phone.

Coincidentally, i've had login issues around the same time.

Update 4:

Ok, this is strange.

I have not received emails from dzhang lately.

So I went to my Acct to check the Apps and Connection settings.

Dzhang for contacts IS still there.

I will leave it there for now since they are not pestering me.

Knock on wood.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

guys i have a samsung wave 2 phone(bada os)

i am also having the same problem

m really worried about all this

can anyone please suggest something?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

I've had the same issues, same phone, same android app and did the same as everybody else.

So, yesterday I changed my Yahoo password again, which forced a re-login notification from the Samsung Social Hub app, but I ignored it and have just been using Yahoo's own email app instead. Since then I've not received any more of the problem emails, and my Yahoo account settings indicate that I'm not sharing contacts with dzhang.

It's a work-around, but it'll do until someone addresses the issue in the Samsung Social Hub.

• I also have the same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S. I remove the unwanted access each time but the email returned about twice a day. A review of the login activity indicate that some login occurred in Germany. I have remove all email account from the Samsung Social Hub until this is resolved. No problem in the last 24 hours but no social hub neither.

• 9 years ago

Unfortunately I'm also experiencing this menace. Let's put all the facts together though: it seems to revolve around us all having Android phones, did any of you install an app lately that might have asked for your email address? The only thing I've added was the Google Reader app, but that's it. I've forwarded the email to Yahoo's spam / phishing guys, and I've checked a message in the past for when I first got the Android and put in my email address, it sent me the "contacts shared with Google" message and it used the same "from" address.

=======================================================================

Update: This website gives a few clues as to the email being a "phishing" scam or not: http://security.yahoo.com/article.html?aid=2006102... And we could note that at point 4 the first bullet point says that a real Yahoo! web address has a forward slash ("/") after "yahoo.com" — for example, "http://www.yahoo.com/" or "https://login.yahoo.com/." Checking the link it asks you to follow to remove dzhang, it is "https://api.login.yahoo.com/WSLogin/V1/unlink?.int... which seems legit. Hopefully Yahoo will have an answer soon.

========================================================================

2nd Update: Okay, Patrick's updated answer above and Sam's note of Samsung Wave below makes more sense to me that it is more to do with Samsung's own Social Hub email application, as I do recall very briefly my Yahoo email (through the Samsung's Social Hub app on my Galaxy S2) saying there was an error with the username and password. I can only assume the Android users who have commented so far also have Samsung devices? I've removed my Yahoo email account from the Social Hub app and so far no further notifications about. I'm using the official Yahoo email app and so far no issues, but it would be nice to get the Samsung one back again...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I too have had the same issues all morning. Dzhang, Netherlands, Germany, changed password, deleated partners application, and still getting emails about sharing contacts with Dzhang. Bloody nightmare!

I first became suspicious last night when my phone said username or password not recognised (or something similar), so I tried to locate where I could re-enter these details but didn't have much luck. This morning I logged onto a PC at work to do some more digging and noticed people had been logged onto my account in the Netherlands once and in Germany several times. I changed my password and deleated Dzhang and the Partner's Application from sharing my contacts but this has done nothing.

I have even deleated my yahoo account on my phone and reinstalled it with my new password, but it's still showing that someone in Germany is accessing my contacts and the email saying.........

"Hi Tim,

You agreed to share your Yahoo! information with dzhang for contacts.

If you did not agree to share your information, stop sharing.

Regards,

Yahoo! Account Services"

...........has appeared for the second time.

I don't remember installing anything or doing anything different other than flicking through settings on my phone to work out why my username or password was not working.

What's the story? | need answers.

Tim

Oh yeah, i did do something different. I tried to link my google mail to my inbox but failed.

• Same here... Logged in Germany, removed multiple times... changed password, to no effect.

Only using my home PC and Android smartphone to access mail. I'm suspecting something to do with my phone... anyone having the problem use only a PC to access their account?

EDIT:

Update... It has to do with my phone for sure. Last night I removed the access for "Yahoo! Partner's Application" and "dzhang for contacts" then get prompted for my password on my phone's email program (Samsung's Social Hub, on my Galaxy S). I then entered my password in the correct place, check my mail and there is instantly a new notification about dzhang.

When I look up the IP's listed under Recent Login Activity (195.124.9.242 & 195.124.9.243) it turns out they are for "SAMSUNG SDS EUROPE LTD".

I've just tried removing the permission again, and have not been prompted for my password on my phone. I hope this means that the glitch has been corrected by Yahoo / Samsung.

Edit 2:

No such luck... it's happening again. I get an error on my phone when I remove the permission, and it goes away a short time later (when the permission gets auto-added back in). Frustrating!

Edit 3:

Looks like a Yahoo problem:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-pre-plus/260...

I'm guessing the background synching of data is triggering the permission, simply with an odd name.

• 9 years ago

It seems the issue is related to the Samsung Social Hub app -- I have a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate and use Samsung Social Hub and have been experiencing the same thing.

I'm starting to wonder if this is really a security compromise, though.

If it is a compromise, then it's coming from directly from the Social Hub -- wouldn't their admin folk be aware of it?

On the other hand, could this "dzhang" be a mysterious name for what otherwise might be a legitimate process?

I'm not saying this isn't a compromise. I'm just adding some other thoughts to the conversation.

• 9 years ago

I have the same thing and I'm also using an android phone. Also their abuse contact form isn't working! http://help.yahoo.com/l/uk/yahoo/edit/general.html

It would be great to get some answers on this as it's quite worrying.

---- EDIT 27/09/2011

I've also got logins from Germany but the IP address resolves to nat-egress-g-01.fra.samsungsocialhub.com so I suspect it's just the logins from my samsung phone. I've deleted my account on my phone so I'll see if it happens again. I've contacted Yahoo but they haven't replied (I've contacted them before with other issues but received no reply so I'm not holding my breath!).

---- EDIT 27/09/2011 14:06

So far no more notifications have come through. As Philip P said it looks like the issue is Samsung's Social Hub as this is what I was using on my samsung galaxy s2. The solution appears to be to delete the yahoo account. But what information has this dzhang guy taken? I guess just contacts, but who knows?

• 9 years ago

I have the Samsung Galaxy. For the past few days it seemed that I was having difficulty staying logged into Yahoo. Yahoo continued to send me messages requiring me to "re login" just at the point that I was becoming very suspicious, I received the email stating that I agreed to share my Yahoo! information with dzhang for contacts. At the moment that I clicked the "stop sharing" option, I feared that it was the moment when I actually connected to the spam that was waiting for me to hit their link. The main concern of mine is that I tried to hit "Remove" on a couple of other "contact sharing" options and nothing happened. I have removed my yahoo! account and then re-added it. I don't know how to check to see if anyone has been accessing my contacts and would love anyone to give me a quick tip on how to do so. Thanks, Addie

• 9 years ago

Thanks for the update Philip P. Same problem, Android phone as well. Might be worth advising Google as well as it could be their system or software being hacked.

As a precaution (and I'm getting sick of yahoo's weak security and responsiveness) I've exported my contacts and deleted them from yahoo. Progressively transferring my primary email account as well.

Edit

I am using Samsung Galaxy S as well. However, there have been other people reporting similar attacks previously, albeit with different names. One spate was on BT, with customers using btyahoo email service. BT does not even sell mobiles. Also one that appeared on a Nokia forum.

Also I had one attack after deleting my account from Social Hub.

I am inclined to think it is a breach of yahoo's systems, although the door may be opened by Samsung or Android.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I'm getting the same thing. Does this mean my account has been compromised? I changed my password but it has happened again since. The email comes from Yahoo so it would do no good blocking them. Also, if I look at recent login activity it says I've been logged in in Germany.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.