Kitties asked in PetsFish · 9 years ago

My fish did something very weird and it is worrying me- What could it be?

Well basically he just went crazy for a second and then hit his side against the gravel.

Then he just went back to normal.

What might this be? Is he going to die? ):

He has never done anything like these ever before.

this*

Nobody was tapping the tank or anything like that but I was doing homework and maybe I scared him because I kind of pounded the table by accident..

Favorite Answer

Fish tend to be OK with people tapping on the side of the tank, especially if you got him/her from a pet store. As long as he went back to normal, I wouldn't worry about it. Your fish should be fine.

• Robin

I have had fish do that before. Sometimes they will see some sudden movement somewhere or something will scare them. Could someone or something hit the sides of the tank? I think he will be ok.

He could have flukes. Multiple times fish with flukes will suddenly "dart" or "flash", and crash into ornaments, plants, filters, the side of the tank, etc.

If you have never treated for flukes or have added a new fish to the tank without quarentining it and treating it prior it is very likely your fish has flukes.

Try treating with Prazi-Pro. :)

my fish always does that no biggue