knee pain (both knees)?

i take painkillers everyday for pain in both of my knees. i have been to see an orthopedic doctor and he x-rayed both my knees but could see nothing wrong. i have also been tested for arthritis and the results came back negative. i dont smoke or drink alcohol and eat healthy foods most of the time. the pain seems to get worse when i am sitting still or lying down, i have tried exercising more and exercising less but nothing seems to work?the pain has been gradually getting worse over the past year. i am only 29 and it is really getting me down! thanks for any advice in advance!

Best Answer

Try joint juice or any glucosamine product to help your joints. I played football all throughout high school and college and my knees were terrible at times. I started drinking joint juice as well as going to gnc and getting some glucosamine

The symptoms you describe are suggestive of adult-onset Osgood-Schlatter disease. This is caused by tension on the kneecap by the big muscles of the front of the thigh. I've attached information on Osgood-Schlatter's as well as exercises that will help in the link below. Ice or cold packs, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories such as Advil or Naprosyn, and rest will also help.

Try getting some calcium in your diet

Exercise more and eat your vitamins

Thought I had just responded to you vut turns out I can't use this site. It could be your hips. If you've only been to one doctor I would try another one or, better still, a physio.

Source(s): My knees (turned out to be rotated hips)

i don't think that this will be of much help, but when ever you exercise, never jog on concrete sidewalks. they are very bad to jog on and they damage your bones.

hope this helps..some (:

Hope they start to feel better!

Source(s): My knees and my mothers knees