Can you suggest some good young adult books to read?

Any teen book that has romance, action, adventure...but i would love to have romance book suggestions. thanks! :D

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

1. The secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott

2. Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale:

3. 13 reasons why by Jay De Asher:

A girl suicides and sends 13 cassets with the 13 reasons (people and what they did) that caused her to make her decision.

4. The house of night series by P.C. Cast

5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins:

24 teenagers fight to the death and only one survives...

6. Nightworld by L.J. Smith

7. The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith:

He's playing with her heart... and her life...

8. Dark Visions by L.J. Smith:

Not all vampires are out for blood! (not like TWILIGHT!!!)

9. Emily the Strange: Stranger and Stranger by Rob Reger

10. Once Dead, Twice Shy: A Novel (book 1 of a trilogy) by Kim Harrison:

My name is Madison Avery, and I'm here to tell you that there's more out there than you can see, hear, or touch. Because I'm there. Seeing it. Touching it. Living it.

Madison's prom was killer literally. Now, thanks to a mysterious amulet, she's stuck on Earth: dead but not gone.

11. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins:

Anna can't wait for her senior year in Atlanta, where she has agood job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becomingmore. So she's not too thrilled when her father unexpectedly shipsher off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St.Clair, the perfect boy. The only problem? He's taken, and Annamight be, too, if anything comes of her crush back home. Will ayear of romantic near-misses end in the French kiss Anna awaits?

12. The Poison Diaries (trilogy) by Maryrose Wood:

In the right dose, everything is a poison. Even love . . .

Jessamine Luxton has lived all her sixteen years in an isolated cottage near Alnwick Castle, with little company apart from the plants in her garden. Her father, Thomas, a feared apothecary, has taught her much plants: that even the most innocent-looking weed can cure -- or kill.

When Jessamine begins to fall in love with a mysterious boy whoclaims to communicate with plants, she is drawn into the dangerous world of the poison garden in a way she never could have imagined .. .

13. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles:

When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first dayof senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created "perfect" life is about to unravel before her eyes. She's forced tobe lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the otherside of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's workedso hard for her flawless reputation, her relationship with herboyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything butperfect.

14. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling:

Do I really need to give an explanation to this book...?

15. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton:

Three brothers struggle to stay together after their parents'' death, as they search for an identity among the conflicting values of their adolescent society in which they find themselves "outsiders."

16. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (this book really brings you to the South of the U.S. in the late 1800-1950).

17. A series of unfortunate events by Lemony Snicket:

Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire are intelligent children.They are charming, and resourceful. Unfortunately, they are exceptionally unlucky.

In the first two books alone, the three youngsters encounter agreedy and repulsive villain, itchy clothing, a disastrous fire, aplot to steal their fortune, a lumpy bed, a deadly serpent, a largebrass reading lamp, a long knife, and a terrible odour.

18. And then there were none by Agatha Christie (one of her best books!!!):

The World's Bestselling Mystery

19. Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie:

While traveling to Paris, a wealthy American is stabbed to death in his cabin on the Orient Express. With the train stuck in a snowdrift, there is no easy escape for the killer. Fortunately, detective Hercule Poirot is aboard and launches a clever investigation into the curious assortment of passengers, of whom each seems to have a motive.

20. Prophecy of the sisters (trilogy) by Michelle Zink (I read this book in french, it got me hooked from the beginning!!):

An ancient prophecy divides two sisters--one good,one evil.

Who will prevail?

21. Beautiful creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (also read this one in french... it was AWESOME!!!):

There were no surprises in Gatlin County. At least, that''s what I thought. Turns out, I couldn''t have been more wrong. There was a curse. There was a girl. And in the end, there was a grave. Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations.

22. Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

Source(s): Almost every single book has at least a tiny bit of romance in it... since these are the types of books I like... =)
  • 8 years ago

The Hunger Games series(The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay): Suzanne Collins

Need Series (Need, Captivate, Entice, and a fourth to come): Carrie Jones

Fallen Series (Fallen, Torment, Passion, Rapture soon): Lauren Kate

Hush Hush Series (Hush Hush, Crescendo, Silence, and a fourth to come): Becca Fitzpatrick

The Darkest Powers Series (The Summoning, The Awakening, The Reckoning): Kelley Armstrong

Harry Potter: JK Rowling

Any book that's written by Nicholas Sparks or Sarah Dessen: My faves are The Last Song(NS), Dear John(NS), The Notebook(NS), Someone Like you(SD), Along for the Ride(SD)

These are some of my favorite books and they all have romance, action, and adventure. The Nicholas Sparks Books and the Sarah Dessen books are all romance. Hope you enjoy! :)

• Matched (#1) and Crossed (#2) [<-COMING SOON, NOVEMBER 1, 2011] by Ally Condie

Beautiful Creatures (#1), Beautiful Darkness (#2), Beautiful Chaos (#3) [<-COMING SOON, OCTOBER 18, 2011] by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

In The Forests of The Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Token of Darkness by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Paranormalcy (#1) and Supernaturally (#2) by Kiersten White

Intertwined (#1), Unraveled (#2), Twisted (#3) by Gena Showalter

Shiver (#1), Linger (#2), Forever (#3) by Maggie Stiefvater

Clockwork Angel (#1), Clockwork Prince (#2) [<-COMING SOON, DECEMBER 6, 2011] (Prequel series to Mortal Instruments) by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones (#1), City of Ashes (#2), City of Glass (#3), City of Fallen Angels (#4), and City of Lost Souls [<-COMING SOON, MAY 2012] (The Mortal Instruments series) by Cassandra Clare

Hush Hush (#1), Crescendo (#2), Silence (#3) by Becca Fitzpatrick

The Angel Experiment (#1), School’s Out Forever (#2), Saving The World and Other Extreme Sports (#3), The Final Warning (#4), MAX (#5), FANG (#6), ANGEL (#7), BOOK 8 (No title yet, COMING SOON, February 2012) [Maximum Ride series by James Patterson]

GONE (#1), HUNGER (#2), LIES (#3), PLAGUE (#4), FEAR (#5) (<-COMING SOON, APRIL 3, 2012) [GONE series] by Michael Grant

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

13 Days To Midnight by Patrick Carman

Beastly by Alex Flinn

Willow by Julia Hoban

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Nightshade (#1) and Wolfsbane (#2) by Andrea Cremer

• Alice
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Try Nokosee: Rise of the New Seminole (http://bit.ly/Nokosee) and its sequel Nokosee & Stormy: Love & Bullets (http://amzn.to/fqOoph). Both are written from a 17-year-old girl's POV. A coming-of-age tale with lots of action, adventure and romance layered over a twisted save-the-environment plea.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Andrea
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

here are some good books i just read 13 little blue envelopes by Maureen Johnson Confessions of Georgia Nicolson : Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison confessions of Georgia is really a funny series i am half way through them. twilight by Stephanie Meyer this one is also a series Vegan Virgin Valentine by Carolyn Mackler The Earth, my butt and other round things by Carolyn Mackler Daughters of the Moon series by Lynne Ewing Demon in my View by Amelia Atwater Rhodes Define Normal by Julie Anne Peters Witch Child by Celia Rees that all the books i can remember reading that were good.

• 8 years ago

these arent considered romantic.. but i did enjoy them

these are the dystopian books that ive read

Lockdown (Escape From Furnace, #1) by Alexander Gordon Smith

Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth

Among the Hidden (Shadow Children, #1) by Margaret Peterson Haddix

The Line (The Line #1) by Teri Hall

Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre

Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner

The Pledge (The Pledge, #1) by Kimberly Derting

Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman

The Declaration (The Declaration, #1) by Gemma Malley

Life As We Knew It (Last Survivors, #1) by Susan Beth Pfeffer

Birthmarked (Birthmarked, #1) by Caragh M. O'Brien

Ship Breaker (Ship Breaker, #1) by Paolo Bacigalupi

The Fox Inheritance by Mary E. Pearson

Days Like This by Alison Stewart

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

The Bridge by Jane Higgins

Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

• 8 years ago

Clan of the Cave Bear Series

Sweep Series

Immortal Beloved Trilogy

SHERRILYN KENYON! i almost forgot to add her, Dark-Hunter series is the best. it starts with Fantasy Lover and it is the best series. theres over 20 books and ongoing but it never gets boring. must read!

Source(s): http://www.dark-hunter.com/ http://www.dream-hunter.com/ (these are both Kenyon's sites, check them out)
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.