Selling software that logs in users based on face recognition?
So I am thinking if it's a good business idea to develop and shop to banks/casinos/governments a software system that:
* Authenticates users based on voice/face biometrics.
* The face recognition will be used as an additional layer of security - people will still
use usual password/username + challenge question.
The idea is the bio recognition to substitute traditional 'hardcore' measures that have
some known flaws (token can be lost/damaged/sniffed), TAC can be captured/"shouldersurffed".
In addition I will develop other features, such as;
* Virtual keyboard (most US banks do not use virtual keyboard, let alone forex, casino
* Challenge question that it's harder to guess (not like mother maiden name or your college,
but rather - favourite hobby, city you spend your honeymoon in, etc.).
* Sophisticated alerts - when a user logs in from a new ip or when the ssl uses weak
encryption or when user changes contact information - the admin + user will receive
* Password + username will be stored in sha512 + salt to greatly decrease decryption.
*.net used against BO, tested vs xss, stored procedure against sql inj., etc. etc.
So anyway - do you think anyone will be interested?? Or rich webowners will simply decide to
pay some skilled indian guy $500 to develop such system whenever they need it? ALso what
price if any will be OK - $500, $5000?
10x for readin!
- HenryLv 78 years agoFavorite Answer
Complete a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) analysis and write a business plan to prove that the business idea is workable.