Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why are youth today not globally informed about issues in the worrld?

Favorite Answer

I think that if there is a lack of 'being informed' it is due to the fact that information is so plentiful that you can't hope to know what is going on everywhere at all times. It is like a trying to feed someone with a fire-hose. (And if I was trying to be fed with a fire-hose I would try to find a way to leave and just learn the things that I think are important.) You can't learn everything, but that is part of the fun of living today!

I was debating my parents since I was six. Just depends on the person. I agree most kids care more about snookie than romney but with a record youth vote last election cycle I don't think it's a fair statement

Its just most people my age are not interested. I personally have taken an active interest in whats happening in the world since I was 16

• Andy

That's not really a fair comment, there are plenty of young people who are aware of what's going on around them.

...tell the "youth" to turn on FOX News ! ..."they" will get all the Global issues "they" can handle !

• Leo

It depends where you're from. Unfortunately, there are a lot of adults who aren't informed, or worse, they are misinformed.

• ?

In the USA, we can blame clusterfaux tv, and right wing AM radio