the book To Kill A Mockingbird, Jem and scout tell dill to say something before entering the fog for protectio?

I need to know what Jem and Scout tell Dill to say for protection before entering the fog. I cannot find it anywhere, please and thank you :)

Favorite Answer

“Haven’t you ever walked along a lonesome road at night and passed by a hot place?” Jem asked Dill. “A Hot Steam’s somebody who can’t get to heaven, just wallows around on lonesome roads an‘ if you walk through him, when you die you’ll be one too, an’ you’ll go around at night suckin‘ people’s breath-”

“How can you keep from passing through one?”

“You can’t,” said Jem. “Sometimes they stretch all the way across the road, but if you hafta go through one you say, ‘Angel-bright, life-in-death; get off the road, don’t suck my breath.’ That keeps ‘em from wrapping around you-”

From Chp 4. Hope this helps. :)