bread Yes

crisps Depends

sweets Depends

jam Depends

salted nuts Yes

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

All items depend on:

Are you a vegetarian who eats dairy and/or eggs (lacto ovo)

If vegetarian, use Earth Balance instead of butter. Chocolate, check label to make sure no dairy is added. Dark chocolate or vegan chocolate is available without dairy. Toffee usually contains butter and milk products. Bread often contains milk products (casein) and sometimes eggs. Crisps (potato chips) if flavored often contain milk ingredients, check label. Sweets, especially chewy candy often contain gelatin which is from animal bones, and white sugar is filtered through animal bone char so would not be considered vegetarian. Jam sometimes contains gelatin, read ingredients label. Salted nuts are vegetarian as long as other non vegetarian flavors have not been added, read ingredients to be sure.

• Popcorn: Yes.

Chocolate: Yes, but check the ingredients.

Toffee: Yes.

Milk and butter: Yes.

Bread: Should be okay. Check the ingredients.

Crisps: Most crisps should be okay, but some flavored ones might have animal fat (some companies make a BBQ flavor with chicken fat)

Sweets: Depends. Again, check the label. Most gummy candies have gelatin, making them a no-no for veg*ans. Sour Patch Candies and Swedish Fish are vegan.

Jam: Some folks say jams and jellies have gelatin, but I have yet to see any brands with them. Look for ones that are just fruit and pectin, maybe a bit of sugar.

Salted nuts: Should be okay, but again, check the label. One brand of Planter's dry-roasted nuts has gelatin.

All of these should be okay if you're ovo-lacto, but it is always a good idea to check the ingredients. Here in the U.S., Hostess puts beef fat in their baked goods--ewwww.

• pettey
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

It does not defeat the objective. i like the flavor of meat, i like the spices and the feel and all of that. If meat replaced right into a vegetable, i could consume it nonstop. yet actual meat only freaks me out. i do no longer care if it tastes stable, why could I consume decaying areas of an animal and digest carcass in my physique when I could have precisely an analogous tasting pretend meat produced from effective, healthful vegetables and soy? besides, no longer all vegetarians are vegetarians for the sake of animals. some human beings have wellness issues linked with ingesting meat and a few human beings only elect to shed weight. it extremely is why they consume pretend meat too (:

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Yes Lacto- Vegetarians. But if you a vegan you wouldn't drink regular milk, eat butter, some chocolate.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Don't pay attention to the dips that say candy and 'crisps' have animal fat in them. 99/100 crisp products and 100% of sweets are made with vegetable oil. All major crisp manufacturers use sunflower, safflower, corn, or canola oil. The only time you have to check is when you see some brand that you haven't heard of before.

• 9 years ago

They can't eat crisps or sweets because they contain animal fat. Not sure about the rest. You can get crisps and sweets for vegetarians, it usually says on the packet if they're suitable.

Depends on what type of vegetarian you are.

• snow
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

all are good vegetarian foods.

• 9 years ago

depends on what type of vegetarian you are.

here are the five type of vegetarians

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/vegetarianvegan101/...

• *-Re-*
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

y,n,n,n,y,y,maybe,y,y

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.